• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Three firearms related bills on the agenda in different committee venues as of 3/5:

Senate Education, Health and Environmental Matters Committee 3/11 @ 1pm
    SENATE BILL 966
    AN ACT concerning Calvert County, Charles County, and St. Mary’s County – Deer Hunting
    By: Senators Dyson and Middleton Introduced and read first time: February 7, 2014 Assigned to: Rules

FOR the purpose of requiring the Department of Natural Resources to establish a program in certain counties to train rifle shooters to hunt deer for the purpose of controlling the deer population; requiring the Department to give certain applicants priority to participate in the program; requiring the Department to adopt certain regulations; authorizing a person to hunt deer with a certain shotgun in certain counties during certain months; authorizing an individual who holds a Deer Management Permit in certain counties to hunt with a certain shotgun during deer season in certain locations, and to hunt deer on certain State lands under certain conditions; prohibiting the Department from requiring an individual who holds a Deer Management Permit in certain counties to renew the permit more frequently than at a certain interval; defining a certain term; and generally relating to deer hunting in Calvert County, Charles County, and St. Mary’s County.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/sb/sb0966f.pdf

Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee 3/11 @ 1 pm
    SENATE BILL 974 (cross filed HB659)
    Public Safety – Regulated Firearms – Transport Through State
    By: Senators Jacobs, Astle, Brinkley, Colburn, DeGrange, Dyson, Edwards, Getty, Glassman, Hershey, Jennings, Klausmeier, Middleton, Reilly, Simonaire, and Stone

FOR the purpose of specifying that a person who is not a resident of the State and who is not prohibited from possessing a regulated firearm in the person’s state of residence may transport a regulated firearm through the State to another state under certain circumstances; and generally relating to regulated firearms and transport through the State.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/sb/sb0974f.pdf

House Judiciary Committee 3/11 @ 1 pm
    HOUSE BILL 1185
    Criminal Law – Crimes Against Property – Right to Defend Property
    By: Delegates Parrott, Afzali, Dwyer, Elliott, Glass, Haddaway–Riccio, Hough, Kipke, Krebs, McComas, McConkey, Otto, Ready, Schulz, Szeliga, and Vitale

FOR the purpose of establishing that an occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when the other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that the other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the unlawful entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the unlawful entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that the other person might use physical force, no matter how slight, against an occupant; providing that an occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of this Act shall be immune from criminal prosecution for the use of force; providing for a certain exception to the provisions of this Act; and generally relating to the defense of self–defense.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb1185f.pdf

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Additionally, anyone with a few minutes should take time to look up bills by subject and/or committee, to see what else may crop up from time to time.

They need to be reminded regularly that we're out here.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I assume written testimony can be supplied, just as we have been?
    Granted, delivering the written testimony on our own.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'd be there in person if I could. Work requires two-weeks notice prior to time-off.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    BUMP

Anyone want to take a stab at what SB966's intent might be? I cannot seem to discern what it is trying to do. It talks about training and allowing hunting from January through March for deer to help reduce the population, but then it speaks about crop damage permits seperately and what I cannot get around with that is permits are good for at least a year. Would like to write up testimony and perhaps if time permits, testify but I am at a loss as what to say as I can't figure out what the purpose is here. Perhaps I am just dense, OK, but anyone help set me straight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom