• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baba Yaga

Apr 14, 2023
    Odenton
    Good afternoon everyone! I know this has been posted before on the site so forgive me in advance lol. I brought a walther PDP F series about two months ago. My fiancé just got her HQL. If I wanted to just give her this firearm what would be the best way to do that? Thanks in advance for anyone’s helpful advice.

Last edited:
    And afterwards may I suggest a drink

Bourbon, perhaps
    Schonauer Apfel Liquor is my new fetish.
    1274.jpeg

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Good afternoon everyone! I know this has been posted somewhere on the site I’m sure but since I’m new here I wanted just to ask it here. I brought a Walter PDP F series about two months ago. My fiancé just got her HQL. If I wanted to just give this firearm to her why would be the best way to do that? Thanks in advance for anyone’s helpful advice.

Transfer at a local police station.

Schonauer Apfel Liquor is my new fetish.
    1274.jpeg

Which end?

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Mr. Wick,
    Transfer at MSP for $10. Just make sure you fill out the 77r in advance.
    In the MSP online (PDF) instruction manual, you want to refer to the “secondary transfer” section. It lays it out step-by-step. Very easy process.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Go to the local state police station to do the transfer.

Go in and talk to them about the transfer before bringing the gun in.

I believe you both have to log on to the MD State Police website to do the transfer.

She will have to wait seven days and you will have to hold the gun until approval (not disapproved) comes back on the 77R.

If it has a high cap mag, don't transfer it to her within the State of Maryland.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    DO NOT bring the gun in. In almost all cases the Trooper will go out to the vehicle to check the model & serial number. The gun never comes into the barracks, only the paperwork.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    @Baba Yaga :

If you wait until you are married,...

"The transfer as a gift/inheritance is free in MD if you go through the portal (waiving the $10 MSP fee)... however the recipient must be an HQL holder to receive handguns...."

Before marriage, it doesn't matter if she is your fiance or not. As long as she is a resident of MD and so are you and both have your respective HQL, then do the following:

1) recipient fills out the 77R prior to the visit,
    2) one of you call the MSP first to verify someone will be there,
    3) both visit the MSP, with your respective MD driver's license and HQL
    4) leave the item of transfer in your trunk, unloaded (I like to just put it in a gun rug because that is the regulated item)
    5). Walk in and tell them that you are there for a transfer. The trooper in charge will go outside with you and take it from your vehicle.
    6). Both give your MD driver's license and HQL specifying who is transfering and who is receiving
    7). You both will get the licenses and HQL's back.
    8) The trooper will ask the recipient for a credit card to pay the $10 fee.
    9). Afterwards, the trooper will explain the wait time, the emails both will receive, and instructions to enter the date of the transfer after the wait time.

After the wait time, if "not disapproved," you can transfer and enter the date through the link provided to the transferrer via email.

Easy peasy.

@RFBfromDE :

I've rented both (F and 4"compact) at Heritage and shot them side by side. Both feel good in the hands but after shooting them, the results (for me were very different)= decent results with the F, but extremely tight groups with the 4"compact. Maybe it is just the fit that made the difference. I recommend actually shooting them before buying.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    DO NOT bring the gun in. In almost all cases the Trooper will go out to the vehicle to check the model & serial number. The gun never comes into the barracks, only the paperwork.
    Last time I did one at Jessup the trooper asked me to bring it in. He never even came out from behind the glass. Handed it to him in a pistol rug under the glass.
    At the end he said we had to wait 7 days but didn’t know why and that was ridiculous.
    He’s right lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom