Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Here is the picture from the night I was arrested along with my brother. As you can see we were holding these Bump Stock Ban messages.

We were on this from the start and have not let up.

Attachments

• C7323636-7965-4C7C-938A-7F99ED37578F.jpeg
      C7323636-7965-4C7C-938A-7F99ED37578F.jpeg
      54.4 KB · Views: 302
    • CCAC2B89-5614-4A10-B888-9329CF09A615.jpg
      CCAC2B89-5614-4A10-B888-9329CF09A615.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 305

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    My addled mind cannot recall - are detailed results of amendment votes on the floor made public? I seem to remember that the end result goes up, but not sure names are attached? :shrug:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    so no they want no grandfathering and making possession a felony for something that is already owned by many many people in md right now, even though when it was brought up before no pro gun folks said they knew no one that even owned one.

md is just great aint it, sarcasm intended.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Let me explain where we are.

Today was the 2nd of the 3 times a bill like this is the subject of votes and debate on the House Floor. As I said, the bill now moves to a "3rd Reader"--probably Friday or Saturday-- where there is the House's final vote on whether or not to move this over to the Senate.

While we saw multiple attempts to reduce the disgraceful PUNITIVE punishments for legally owned property—property that is not even a firearm— our side is not done.

According to former (R) Delegate Mike Smigiel, there is an arcane UNWRITTEN RULE AND CUSTOM that members of the committee pushing out a bill not debate the committee's "product" at the 2nd Reading stage. So, this afternoon, we saw non-committee Republicans step into the gap for us. Like it or not, this “custom” is an overlay over ALL legislative work, Democrat or Republican, and receives deference.

On the 3rd Reader appearance in the House--likely Friday or Saturday-- the floor re-opens for debate from (R) delegates who can make the best case that this bill is bad for Maryland.

In the past, the Maryland Senate has not always looked kindly on grandstanding bills from the House that do not address substantial concerns for the voters.

Attachments

• 3F5A883F-43AF-421F-9A4A-B220B15EE190.jpg
      3F5A883F-43AF-421F-9A4A-B220B15EE190.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 296
    • 081C1767-68CF-4F00-A78E-10C45BBB2226.jpg
      081C1767-68CF-4F00-A78E-10C45BBB2226.jpg
      58.2 KB · Views: 282

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    so no they want no grandfathering and making possession a felony for something that is already owned by many many people in md right now, even though when it was brought up before no pro gun folks said they knew no one that even owned one.

md is just great aint it, sarcasm intended.

That's not really true. If you lawfully own it before Oct 1 2018, you can continue to lawfully own it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That's not really true. If you lawfully own it before Oct 1 2018, you can continue to lawfully own it.

so the possession they are talking about is if you purchased some parts after 10-1-2018?

I am trying to figure out what rack was explaining while he was there a while ago and that's what it sounded like to me.

and again how would they know who purchased what and when? they are just parts. cash and carry parts that no one I know would keep receipts for or even if they did I have never had receipts saying I purchased this part or that part explicitly enough to prove when I purchased something cash and carry

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

As regards the Maryland Bump Stocks Ban language as it now stands....there is no pathway to possession of Bump Stocks inside the boundaries of Maryland after October 1, 2018 unless the ATF opens registration for Bump Stocks as NFA machine gun parts--something that we have no evidence will happen.

The Democrats are not interested in any amendment that provides for possession after October 1, 2018, except the NFA pathway amendment that has been adopted in the House Judiciary Committee.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Let me explain where we are.

Today was the 2nd of the 3 times a bill like this is the subject of votes and debate on the House Floor. As I said, the bill now moves to a "3rd Reader"--probably Friday or Saturday-- where there is the House's final vote on whether or not to move this over to the Senate.

While we saw multiple attempts to reduce the disgraceful PUNITIVE punishments for legally owned property—that is not even a firearm— our side is not done.

According to former (R) Delegate Mike Smigiel, there is an arcane UNWRITTEN RULE AND CUSTOM that members of the committee pushing out a bill not debate the committee's "product" at the 2nd Reading stage. So, this afternoon, we saw non-committee Republicans step into the gap for us. Like it or not, this “custom” is an overlay over ALL legislative work, Democrat or Republican, and receives deference.

On the 3rd Reader appearance in the House, the floor re-opens for debate from (R) delegates who can make the best case that this bill is bad for Maryland.

In the past, the Maryland Senate has not always looked kindly on grandstanding bills from the House that do not address substantial concerns for the voters.

Thanks Rack for refreshing our memories on procedure. No Amendment proposals are allowed on 3rd Reader if I remember correctly.?? My "bought and paid for" comment was in reference to all Amendments getting squashed (likely along party lines) a la 2013 style.

so the possession they are talking about is if you purchased some parts after 10-1-2018?

I am trying to figure out what rack was explaining while he was there a while ago and that's what it sounded like to me.

and again how would they know who purchased what and when? they are just parts. cash and carry parts that no one I know would keep receipts for or even if they did I have never had receipts saying I purchased this part or that part explicitly enough to prove when I purchased something cash and carry

Better keep those receipts if you want to get reimbursed when .gov steals your property from you.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    As regards the Maryland Bump Stocks Ban language as it now stands....there is no pathway to possession of Bump Stocks inside the boundaries of Maryland after October 1, 2018 unless the ATF opens registration for Bump Stocks as NFA machine gun parts--something that we have no evidence will happen.

The Democrats are not interested in any amendment that provides for possession after October 1, 2018, except the NFA pathway amendment that has been adopted in the House Judiciary Committee.

Rack, is that for trigger groups and parts as well?

And thank you for all you do for us all!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Thanks Rack for refreshing our memories on procedure. No Amendment proposals are allowed on 3rd Reader if I remember correctly.?? My "bought and paid for" comment was in reference to all Amendments getting squashed (likely along party lines) a Lao 2013 style.

Better keep those receipts if you want to get reimbursed when .gov steals your property from you.

Rest assured they will not be stealing my property as long as I am alive. Of that I am sure.

What they pry from mine, my sons and my wife’s cold dead fingers is on them.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Rack, is that for trigger groups and parts as well?

From reading the text of the bill, yes, it would be.

If it were to pass as presently written, the ONLY legal way to continue to possess any of these items after the date given would be if they are "registered with the ATF."

Well, right now the ATF doesn't register anything that this bill would cover (bump stocks, binary triggers, etc) other than machineguns, so you *can't* register them with ATF.

In addition to that, even if ATF suddenly decided that all of these things are now machineguns, it would be illegal to possess them because of the Hughes Amendment (unless you have a bump stock or whatever that was made prior to 1986) so we're screwed anyways.

Unless, you know, you own an actual machinegun. Then you could keep that.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015

This is my worry too. How will they know when you bought anything that is not marked? The law would be virtually unenforceable

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    People never wanted a binary trigger or bump stock, it was an obscure range toy.

Now everyone wants one before Oct 1 2018, thanks to the MDGA. I will serialize mine as needed starting with Busch and Miller. Puss-yyyy

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    From reading the text of the bill, yes, it would be.

If it were to pass as presently written, the ONLY legal way to continue to possess any of these items after the date given would be if they are "registered with the ATF."

Well, right now the ATF doesn't register anything that this bill would cover (bump stocks, binary triggers, etc) other than machineguns, so you *can't* register them with ATF.

In addition to that, even if ATF suddenly decided that all of these things are now machineguns, it would be illegal to possess them because of the Hughes Amendment (unless you have a bump stock or whatever that was made prior to 1986) so we're screwed anyways.

Unless, you know, you own an actual machinegun. Then you could keep that.

"apply to the ATF" can mean anything. It could mean I send them an email "are binary triggers still legal non-NFA items under the new rule" When they reply back "yes" I have applied for and received approval.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    People never wanted a binary trigger or bump stock, it was an obscure range toy.

Now everyone wants one before Oct 1 2018, thanks to the MDGA. I will serialize mine as needed starting with Busch and Miller. Puss-yyyy

One of our friendly delegates stood up in the House session a few hours ago and demanded grandfathering because as former military and an upstanding citizen he declares he owns a Bump Stock and is incensed that the Democrats are attempting to make him a criminal and prohibited from owning firearms for possessing one.

There are plenty of Marylanders who own Bump Stocks. Some here have issued their own range reports, while others have chosen to be circumspect about declaring ownership.

I was up until 3am this morning issuing email guidance to our friendly legislators (who provided me with personal email accounts) about the unintended consequences of this Democrat ban. The guidance is lengthy, but I will not disclose the contents.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    One of our friendly delegates stood up in the House session a few hours ago and demanded grandfathering because as former military and an upstanding citizen he declares he owns a Bump Stock and is incensed that the Democrats are attempting to make him a criminal and prohibited from owning firearms for possessing one.

There are plenty of Marylanders who own Bump Stocks. Some here have issued their own range reports, while others have chosen to be circumspect about declaring ownership.

I was up until 3am this morning issuing email guidance to our friendly legislators (who provided me with personal email accounts) about the unintended consequences of this Democrat ban. The guidance is lengthy, but I will not disclose the contents.

Well, I strongly suspect one of our "friends" helped write this bill and tighten it up, while maintaining plausible deniability and being allowed to vote against it. This bill was amended by someone with firearms and legal expertise. It was not a Moms Demand hack job. It did not come from googling MDS or akfiles or ar15.com

And the first person I would suspect is a person who stands up on the house floor and claims outrage because they have a bump stock, because whoever smelt it dealt it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

I have plenty of these and other toys and have written here about some of them but given the fact that Maryland politicians , on both sides of the isle and including the governor, say they want to ban the possession of parts that even the atf says are legal and the possession of said parts will quite possibly be a felony in a few months I can see why folks wouldn't want to publish such knowledge. others thing publishing such knowledge on a public forum could make them a target of criminals looking for firearms to steal so they don't publish it for the same reason they don't put gadsen flags in their yards or gun stickers on their cars. I don't understand it but its said and done all the time.

funny thing is the reps I saw on the computer the other day don't care if every single person on the right has them or not, they just want to infringe until every gun is taken away from free people and then there will be no freedom left at that point.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Well, I strongly suspect one of our "friends" helped write this bill and tighten it up, while maintaining plausible deniability and being allowed to vote against it. This bill was amended by someone with firearms and legal expertise. It was not a Moms Demand hack job. It did not come from googling MDS or akfiles or ar15.com

And the first person I would suspect is a person who stands up on the house floor and claims outrage because they have a bump stock, because whoever smelt it dealt it.

See the next page for my response to this post.

I moved it to the next page to make sure it is not lost in this discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom