• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drucifer

Feb 15, 2010
    Catonsville, MD
    Been a long-time lurker, never really posted many pictures of my collection so I figure I'd start with my most recent purchase. (also this turns out to be the oldest in my collection)

Just received this yesterday.Came home from work to find it sitting on my porch. :shocked4:
    Auction house described it as "Russian model 1891 62 x 54 cal"
    Good thing they didn't describe the SA marking so I got it for a good price. With shipping and auction premium it was under $200.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• Finn M91.jpg
      Finn M91.jpg
      55.8 KB · Views: 224
    • finn m91 markings.jpg
      finn m91 markings.jpg
      51.7 KB · Views: 218
    • finn m91 sight.jpg
      finn m91 sight.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 215

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Josh, he just got it today! Give the guy a break. ;) Excellent score. Looks so much better than the crappy auction house photos showed.
    We both scored lots at the same auction. Only took them a month to ship! I pick mine up at the post office tomorrow. I only hope my M27 and Dragoon are in similar condition.

Drucifer

Feb 15, 2010
    Catonsville, MD
    Haha yeah, just got it yesterday! No time to shoot yet. The bore looks kinda dark, but the rifling appears deep. Haven't even had a chance to clean it so maybe it could just be a little dirty.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    The Finns often used something called Sisu Grease instead of cosmoline, so when you bore scope it it looks awful but after cleaning/shooting it out you will be impressed.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Very, very nice. "SA" is worth a couple extra bills. Fortuantely some sellers are ignorant of this.

Actually on the M91s you pay more not to have the SA marking or the renumbered sight base, with the exception of the scrubbed eagle Balkans M91s, I bought a 1905 and 1917 all original matching with no signs of Finn use and paid about $100 each more than a SA marked one would have cost.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Actually on the M91s you pay more not to have the SA marking or the renumbered sight base, with the exception of the scrubbed eagle Balkans M91s, I bought a 1905 and 1917 all original matching with no signs of Finn use and paid about $100 each more than a SA marked one would have cost.

+1 Well said :thumbsup:
    Finn markings show a RUSSIAN rifle that has been, "defaced". Russian collectors (which far outnumber Finn collectors worldwide, will pay NOTHING for a Finn marked Mosin). This coming from probably the biggest Finn dude on this forum :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom