• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    It’s been awhile to get to this point. This frame was supposed to be my first attempt at doing a PF940C. I used a drill press and almost immediately dinged up the frame visibly and put it aside and got another I built into a 9mm.

But afterward I still finished the frame and repaired the damaged with some JB Weld and put it aside for awhile . It was aesthetic damage, nothing real bad. But the repair seemed real good and might hide nicely under a paint job. I used Duracoat, btw.

On this one I had built it up and test fired and all was good. I was waiting on various parts during the pandemic supply chain fallout, etc. before that too. Then it was when am I going to carve out a place in the house to paint?? That was this past weekend with an almost emergency hot water heater replacement that happened in the middle of things.

8F14D205-46BF-4809-ABC9-DA17ED7B7ACB.jpeg
    6483C42B-23D3-4CB3-AACC-394C75B93F02.jpeg
    E83AC123-B3C7-4A1A-B56C-EDC6370D9EFD.jpeg
    9E97D9D7-4F0A-47CA-8BF2-366A105172A4.jpeg

I’m not sure the colors had the effect I was going for. Might spray the slide a lighter color, maybe mix the frame color into the slide color. I’ll probably shoot it a good bit first to enjoy being done. The frame is one of the slick ones with no stippling. So I cut out 4 talon grip material appliqués and painted over that. It will be interesting to see if it holds up. I had wanted to try a full wrap around shape but I thought if it started to peal it would be easier to replace more simpler sections.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Thanks guys! I'm hoping to get it up to The Machine Gun Nest this afternoon to try it. It worked before painting so hopefully it will again. My 9mm 940 had some issues until I used 147g ammo. So I built this one out first to see and it was much better upon first assembly.

The first one I did I tried to use the drill press and I screwed it up. This was back when polymer 80 first released the version ones. I contacted them and they sent me a new one after I proved to them that I had destroyed the first one. After that I started using my Dremel tool. There's a lot more control . I was able to complete the version one frames in about an hour each. I did five of those and then when the version 1.5 and the version two frames came out I replaced the version 1 frames because I didn't like the idea of integrated plastic rear rail. I've now done 14 or 15 of them all with the Dremel tool. I think I have at least one of every model that they make. I even made one for 22 long rifle after I bought a conversion kit and one for a 22 TCM 9R. I was considering doing one in . 460 rowland but the conversion kit is a bit pricey. It sure would be nice to have a semi-automatic pistol with the ballistics of a 44 magnum though.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    The first one I did I tried to use the drill press and I screwed it up. This was back when polymer 80 first released the version ones. I contacted them and they sent me a new one after I proved to them that I had destroyed the first one. After that I started using my Dremel tool. There's a lot more control . I was able to complete the version one frames in about an hour each. I did five of those and then when the version 1.5 and the version two frames came out I replaced the version 1 frames because I didn't like the idea of integrated plastic rear rail. I've now done 14 or 15 of them all with the Dremel tool. I think I have at least one of every model that they make. I even made one for 22 long rifle after I bought a conversion kit and one for a 22 TCM 9R. I was considering doing one in . 460 rowland but the conversion kit is a bit pricey. It sure would be nice to have a semi-automatic pistol with the ballistics of a 44 magnum though.
    I agree with using a dremel. I think used one my 9mm and finished with a flat file.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Great news! Pistol worked fine. I shot 2 different 125g projectiles through it. I tried a 13 +1 load to see if it would operate under max pressure from the mag follower.
    56D3A762-4461-4780-9D8F-708A56F43707.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom