• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I know things are crazy for prices lately, and I do want to finish one 80% lower into a G23 clone, but wow!
    0eab969ef2f53df55526b25901dc52c9.jpg

No, I’m not spending a thousand bucks for a slide assembly.

Echo6mike, going mobile...

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    There's a 10mm gen 3 glock oem slide on gunbroker. It does have a red dot, but its listed for $1000.

While I prefer oem parts to eliminate any after market part issues, at the price I can tinker if there's any problems.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Holy shit! Most folks who built them 6 months ago didn't pay that much for the completed gun.....
    There's other options to explore at much less costs that have been discussed in previous threads, i.e. used OEM slides. Depends on whether you're looking for a show gun or shooter.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Oh, I'm not finishing this particular build any time soon. A thousand bucks for a slide is absolutely insane!

What's more insane is that they're likely to find a buyer even at that price, these days.

eta: Rock Slide, for example, will sell a completed upper starting at about $350, depending on how fancy ya want it. That's probably what I'll get, just haven't ordered one yet...

Last edited:
    I built a G20 from a poly80 last year. I bought it as a kit from JSD supply for just under 5 bills, had the slide milled by jagerwerks and a trijicon RMR put on cost me another $600. If you find the kits today they are double that then another $600 for the machine work and optic. Glad I got mine when I did.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I built a G20 from a poly80 last year. I bought it as a kit from JSD supply for just under 5 bills, had the slide milled by jagerwerks and a trijicon RMR put on cost me another $600. If you find the kits today they are double that then another $600 for the machine work and optic. Glad I got mine when I did.
    That's about right. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom