• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    I have a relative that apparently their fingerprints were rejected. Anyone have this happen?

She was told to file a new application with new fingerprints, and update her old application. Looking at the portal I don't see where you can update or change your existing application.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    It does suck, my wife went to the same place to get finger printed. She said a couple times the machine rejected her print and the guy doing it override it so it would accept them. I'm wonder if this was something similar. Hopefully my wife's prints don't get rejected too.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Using Corn Husker's Lotion will improve electronic fingerprints if your hands are dry.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    At 1A Fingerprinting, they had a lotion called 'Ridge Builder' (or something like that) to enhance mine, which didn't take well otherwise.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This happened to Mrs. Occam. DO NOT confuse "application" with "application." They're not talking about you re-doing your W&C application. They're talking about your live scan vendor re-doing your prints (bring the rejection letter so they have all the account numbers etc) ... they will re-send the electronic version just like they did the first set, and they can print the scanned prints onto the FBI card that was sent to you. THAT is the "application" they want, so along with the re-transmitted electronic ones, go ahead and mail the hard copy per the instructions that came with the rejection notice. Those go to Pikesville.

Annoying, yes. But probably won't have any impact on the W&C processing time. Mrs. O got her FBI print rejection form letter a week ago (which means, if they even do anything about it, MSP would have seen the same info). We've had no notice of MSP being unhappy about the process so far, and she's already got her NICS number on the process. So who knows. But AIS (who did her prints) happily re-did them at no charge, and completed the hardcopy "application" for us to mail. We'll see what happens.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Good to know, this was at Thomas Security in Salisbury. I'll let her know about the lotion thing too. Thanks.
    This also works…
    2B9E99E2-07D0-48A1-B18D-F8532C74D48D.jpeg

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Hmm...My left thumb didn't take after several tries because of a scar from a table saw accident. They did an override. I've never had problems before, but this makes me a little apprehensive. Still...no point in borrowing trouble.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Using Corn Husker's Lotion will improve electronic fingerprints if your hands are dry.
    At 1A Fingerprinting, they had a lotion called 'Ridge Builder' (or something like that) to enhance mine, which didn't take well otherwise.
    I have the same problem. My hands are always really dry. I have used all the above as well as Windex. It seems just about anything, including spit that moistens your hands, will work. Even the Clear machines at the airport have problems with my prints.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have the same problem. My hands are always really dry. I have used all the above as well as Windex. It seems just about anything, including spit that moistens your hands, will work. Even the Clear machines at the airport have problems with my prints.
    You didn’t choose the thug life…the thug life chose you.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Livescan in Glen Burnout had to keep retaking my fingertip print clusters several times, because the heat from my fingers was preventing a good sample. Ended up cooling my fingers off with a frozen object from their freezer, and ultimately I rendered good prints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom