• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phillipw39

May 27, 2013
    Gaithersburg
    Does anyone use the iPad app for Walmart to track down availability. I tried 15+ types and they all say out of stock at all area stores. I know all stores can't be out of everything. Does this app work?

Free

Oct 1, 2013
    I tried the app and went to the Walmart that was indicated. The Walmart was sold out, the salesperson said that 37 military people came in and bought all they could get.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    It used to work and was very reliable. It no longer is worth it. I think the various walmart managers complained to corporate because customers were finding out before the store that a shipment was coming in. Then the sporting goods area would be swamped with people waiting for them to put the ammo out. It stopped being reliable sometime last summer.

Now...the iPhone app seems to work much better. Don't ask why, but it appears that the website, iPhone app, and iPad app all use different data sources.

BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    Didn't work for me I just wasted my evening running around for nothing.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Not sure what you are looking for but the Walmart in denton MD has tons of ammo. I think Walmart has raised the prices recently but if you need it they have everything.

05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    I have been able to find any ammo I want except for .22LR. This weekend I came across some wwb .45 ammo for around $43.50 a box. Not the best price but was decent I thought.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Unfortunately it is 22lr I am seeking.

I have not seen 22lr in a Walmart for over 7 months now. You're better off just buying it online when you see it. Only recently has 9mm, 45acp, .223, and 5.56 been able to stay on the shelves for longer than 1 hour or had more than 3 boxes delivered.

At this point those calibers mentioned can be found pretty regularly and maybe in another year 22lr will be back.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    It stopped being reliable sometime last summer.

It actually has been very reliable for me up to about 2 weeks ago or whatever day that was that it basically went off line for the better part of two days and once it came back online - it sucks now. Maybe thats exactly what they want at this point but still, why did they wait this long?

BigO

gotta practice more
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 15, 2012
    Back in Carroll Co.
    I stopped trying to buy local. I only buy on-line now. Try this for best comparison tool I've come across:

www2.gunbot.net/

Also good for reloading stuff and magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom