• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, or FinCEN, an arm of the Treasury Department detailing how other private companies might use MCC transaction codes to “detect customers whose transactions may reflect ‘potential active shooters.’
    Article shows the Search Terms, which I'm sure flags us all.

Last edited:

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Wanna see some of the Active Shooter ID criteria?
    ActiveShooterDetectionSearch.png

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    At least IMA-USA.com is not on the list, where you can purchase real cannons :bannana:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Numerich? Sarco? Do the idiots (probably provided by Everytown) who built this list think spree killers are going to be using Mosins and need replacement parts?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    For me I think, with 4473's, 77R's, form 4's, and W&C, that ship has sailed.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    For me I think, with 4473's, 77R's, form 4's, and W&C, that ship has sailed.
    i flew the other weekend and at security they take your pic and i guess a machine matches it up with your drivers license. sign says the pic is deleted right afterwards. i'm like, yeah, right...

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm not defending this, but look at the last two lines in yellow.

They are looking at people for who more than 50% of all online purchases and more than 50% of online spending were at the listed locations. In addition to the other criteria... over 5 merchants and $2500.

That would limit it to someone suddenly becoming very active and very spendy in firearm purchases, more than all their other purchases combined. Like it's their last days and they're going to go all out.

Or, of course, last kid just went off to college, divorce finally became final, etc. :)

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    LOL,, "SILENCER SHOP" ??
    Because the wacko Tranny mass shooter is going to fill out a form 4, do live scan, and wait 9 months??

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I'm not defending this, but look at the last two lines in yellow.

They are looking at people for who more than 50% of all online purchases and more than 50% of online spending were at the listed locations. In addition to the other criteria... over 5 merchants and $2500.

That would limit it to someone suddenly becoming very active and very spendy in firearm purchases, more than all their other purchases combined. Like it's their last days and they're going to go all out.

Or, of course, last kid just went off to college, divorce finally became final, etc. :)
    With ammo prices being the lowest in years,,, Thats what the wife and I call "A typical month"

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Southern Ohio Guns is still there, though they haven't existed in the real world for several years.

Just the same, it appears to be common sense to purchase from less traceable sources. They can vary the algorithms at will; buying more than a couple boxes of ammo could eventually get you "de-banked." Two guns in 30 days? Greybar Hotel might be your future mailing address.

It's beginning to look like "Collapse of Civilisation" would be a winner, over "Totalitarian Surveillance State."

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Article shows the Search Terms, which I'm sure flags us all.

I don't think it would. You have to meet all of the criteria... so you'd have to be a new collector/hobbyist with plenty of cash to dive in quickly and zero other hobbies and all life needs covered some other way (ie living with parents, or with a wealthy S.O.)

Or maybe a person with lots of disposable income prepping for an upcoming hunting trip, and buying all the parts and components in different places. Or possibly a mass shooter....

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    i flew the other weekend and at security they take your pic and i guess a machine matches it up with your drivers license. sign says the pic is deleted right afterwards. i'm like, yeah, right...

Hell, the MD Capitol Police photograph our little weekly meetups with the General Assembly.

I presume they're working on the Governor's Christmas card list.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't think it would. You have to meet all of the criteria... so you'd have to be a new collector/hobbyist with plenty of cash to dive in quickly and zero other hobbies and all life needs covered some other way (ie living with parents, or with a wealthy S.O.)

Or maybe a person with lots of disposable income prepping for an upcoming hunting trip, and buying all the parts and components in different places. Or possibly a mass shooter....

Algorithms are easily tweaked.

As for mass shooters, timing is everything . . . FBI after Mass Slayiings.png

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    sorting for terms like “Trump” and “MAGA,”

I guess they missed the last few because they weren't searching for terms like "Free Palestine", "Trans Genocide", and "My pronouns are Was/Were".

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I thought this thread was going to be about how FinCen is forcing all small businesses to report their ownership information: https://www.fincen.gov/boi

And by "all small businesses" I mean "every single business entity, such as an LLC, corporation, or partnership that has less than $5M in gross receipts."

Want to talk about an intrusion - this is 100% it

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Home | Politics

Tags: janet yellen | maga | donald trump | banking | spying | bank records | jan. 6

Yellen Ducks Questions on MAGA Bank Records Searches​

By Nicole Wells | Thursday, 08 February 2024 07:21 PM EST

facebook sharing button

twitter sharing button

SMS.png

linkedin sharing button

Comment|

Print|

A A

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen ducked several questions from GOP lawmakers this week about her department's surveillance of Americans' bank records following Jan. 6, 2021.
    Last month, the House Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government revealed that federal investigators in the Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) instructed banks to comb through customer transactions looking for key terms like "MAGA" and "Trump."
    The federal government was spying on supporters of former President Donald Trump and on Americans who made purchases at stores like Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shops, and Cabela's, as well as those who bought religious books, such as the Bible.
    The report sparked intense backlash, with Republicans demanding the Biden administration provide answers for the violation of conservative Americans' civil liberties.
    In two appearances on Capitol Hill this week, Yellen was grilled by GOP lawmakers in both chambers over her department's search requests.
    During a Senate Banking Committee hearing on Thursday, Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., rebuked the secretary for the surveillance directives.
    "FinCEN was created to stop money laundering and not to spy on Americans," Scott said, according to the Daily Mail. "It was not created for political motivations."
    After being questioned by Sen. Bill Hagerty, R-Tenn., on the spying, Yellen claimed that it occurred before she took office and said she would investigate.
    "I will get back to you with more detailed information when I've had a chance to study this thoroughly," she reportedly told Hagerty.
    At a House hearing on Tuesday, Rep. Ann Wagner, R-Mo., pressed Yellen for an answer about whether Americans' purchasing data was surveilled by her department.
    "Has Treasury ... instructed financial institutions to search Americans' legal transactions in attempts to surveil their purchases?" Wagner asked Yellen.
    "Well, we received a letter from you, I believe, on this topic; and we intend to investigate fully," Yellen replied.
    Wagner asked again: "Are they instructing financial institutions to search Americans' legal transactions in attempts to surveil their purchases?"
    "I promise a thorough look into everything," Yellen said.
    "This is really concerning, and I would hope you get to it just as quickly as possible, Madam Secretary," Wagner said, concluding the exchange.
    House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan's January report revealed that the Treasury Department also suggested that banks search for the terms "MAGA" and "Trump" in Zelle payments.
    "Did you shop at Bass Pro Shop yesterday or purchase a Bible?" Jordan posted on X at the time. "If so, the federal government may be watching you."
    In another post he wrote, "We now know the federal government flagged terms like 'MAGA' and 'TRUMP,' to financial institutions if Americans completed transactions using those terms. What was also flagged? If you bought a religious text, like a BIBLE, or shopped at Bass Pro Shop."
    According to documents the Treasury provided to banks, purchasing a bus or a plane ticket "for travel to areas with no apparent purpose" and subscribing to "extremist" news outlets would also warrant further scrutiny.

Nicole Wells

Nicole Wells, a Newsmax general assignment reporter covers news, politics, and culture. She is a National Newspaper Association award-winning journalist.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom