• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I just commented too :)

Edited to add: Please, if you post, use proper spelling and grammar. It looks unprofessional and juvenile if you don't.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I just added my two cents as well. Actually I had wrote about $10.00 worth of stuff but the damn "300 character" limit kept popping up. So I had to cut my comments back drastically.

Kindest regards,

-Will

Nemo24

O'Malley can bite me
    Aug 7, 2007
    Berryville, VA
    There are a lot of comments there now. Most of them have to do with Brian Frosh and bill 420. Let's see if the BS actually lives up to their advertised intentions and covers the story.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yeah, it would be interesting to see if they are just blowing hot air.

Let's see if after a weekend of pounding them with SB420 and Frosh comments they do a story.

By the way, Firefox on my computer did not like to open the page. I had to use Opera to finally read last night's comments.

Dst

Jan 29, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Incoming geekery, skip it if you don't care (you probably don't):

I don't know if this helps, but the problems with the comments disappearing/reappearing sounds like a combination of an unintuitive interface and cluster latency. The first is fixed by finding the "read more comments" link, but the second is a more hairy problem. Here's a quick DNS lookup:

Code:
    host www.baltimoresun.com
    www.baltimoresun.com is an alias for baltimoresun.tii.com.akadns.net.
    baltimoresun.tii.com.akadns.net is an alias for www.baltimoresun.com.edgesuite.net.
    www.baltimoresun.com.edgesuite.net is an alias for a1182.g.akamai.net.
    a1182.g.akamai.net has address 97.65.135.152
    a1182.g.akamai.net has address 97.65.135.176

The last two lines basically mean that when you ask for "www.baltimoresun.com", you're going to get one of two internet addresses to service your request. This very likely means that there are at least two web servers hosting the BS site.

Practically, this means that when you post a comment on the site, there will be some amount of latency as the server that received your comment lets the other server(s) know about the change by whatever mechanism this site employs. Depending on that mechanism it can anywhere from seconds to several minutes for the comment you post to show up on the pages being served by the other web server.

Since it seems that the comments aren't being deleted for good, they're just disappearing for a little bit, the best solution is probably to just post and be patient. If comments really are disappearing, though, apply tinfoil hat liberally.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Last Entry Appears to be Mine From Yesterday

An investigative report on why merchants are automatically issued handgun permits to make bank deposits while ordinary residents, wanting to protect their families outside the home, must first prove to the State that they have survived a life threatening attack.

Submitted by Don

8:25 PM EST, Mar 6, 2009

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    An investigative report on why merchants are automatically issued handgun permits to make bank deposits while ordinary residents, wanting to protect their families outside the home, must first prove to the State that they have survived a life threatening attack.

Submitted by Don

8:25 PM EST, Mar 6, 2009

could also point out that:

a: the merchants don't have to show that they have been robbed before
    b: insurance covers theft but does not replace lives

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads