• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fd3stt

Sep 1, 2016
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Just got my C&R in the mail yesterday. A little over 2 months time from the $30 fee hitting my bank account and the license hitting my mailbox. I was starting to get worried and almost called on Friday to see what was up. I got side tracked though and ran out of time to call.

Now it's a race to see how quickly I can empty the bank account in search of all my favorite new toys!

My wife will be so happy!

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Congrats! My opinion...a couple of great first buys are a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 or M44 and a Tokarev TT or T-33. Graf and Sons (grafs.com) is a great source of ammo for your Russian, Romanian, Polish, and Chinese relics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Yugo 48's are a buy now in my mind. I like the P64's and CZ82's a lot but they are not bargains now.

Maybe Trump will ease things up on Russia and we'll get some additional things from them.

Keep in mind the 50+ rule and carry your C&R with you when you travel. Never know when you may wonder into a small shop somewhere which has something you "need". Then, you can mail it back to yourself.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yugo 48's are a buy now in my mind. I like the P64's and CZ82's a lot but they are not bargains now.

Maybe Trump will ease things up on Russia and we'll get some additional things from them.

Keep in mind the 50+ rule and carry your C&R with you when you travel. Never know when you may wonder into a small shop somewhere which has something you "need". Then, you can mail it back to yourself.

The 48s are definitely the best bang for your surplus dollar.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Just got my C&R in the mail yesterday. A little over 2 months time from the $30 fee hitting my bank account and the license hitting my mailbox. I was starting to get worried and almost called on Friday to see what was up. I got side tracked though and ran out of time to call.

Now it's a race to see how quickly I can empty the bank account in search of all my favorite new toys!

Congrats! And you've already been given good C&R acquisition advice by others.

My questions are "where do you plan to put your new gun safes" and "does Mrs. Fd3stt know this yet?" :shrug:

:innocent0

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Awesome and welcome to the C&R world. If you are new to the game there are a few good guns out there to be had. I also hope Trump opens the flood gate to allow many more guns available.

I recently got an Yugo M48 and is now my favorite C&R gun, built like a tank. SKS and then Mosin.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This, big time. Always have a copy in your wallet.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    "Normal American guns" 50yrs old are also C&R , not just Milsurp. And keep handy your S&W and Colt reference works, as all dealers may not be up to speed on dating.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

The consensus of MDShooters is that it will not take long at all. (And I very much resemble this remark!:D)

Welcome to poverty, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    If you are going to get a Mosin-Nagant, let me suggest getting one to mod and one to restore. On YouTube, iraqveteran8888 has some great videos on the Mosin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom