• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Just to revisit. Because it still kinda burns my arse about OCing. I retired at 35. I was bored and was asked to volunteer at FreeState. My life now is so crazy I don't even have time to volunteer at my kids school. But, when I did work at FreeState, not only did I work the counter, make a lot of calls to help the customers in need, I built a few AR's there, and repaired quite a few guns. Funny how I never accidentally shot one person doing all these things and OPEN CARRYING...

Bryan

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    a LOT of places wont quote prices over the phone

And the reason they won't is because they know their prices are to high and they would never get anyone into their place if people could learn just how over priced they are by just making a phone call. So they rather you waist you time and fuel just to get you into their store with the hopes you will buy their over priced gun because your tired of shopping.

Think about it, if you owned a gun shop and you had good prices you would not mind yelling them from the mountain tops. When I'm in the market for a new gun I refuse to buy from any place that will not tell me their prices over the phone.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    And the reason they won't is because they know their prices are to high and they would never get anyone into their place if people could learn just how over priced they are by just making a phone call. So they rather you waist you time and fuel just to get you into their store with the hopes you will buy their over priced gun because your tired of shopping.

Think about it, if you owned a gun shop and you had good prices you would not mind yelling them from the mountain tops. When I'm in the market for a new gun I refuse to buy from any place that will not tell me their prices over the phone.

Agreed, but it does not just apply to guns for me. :)

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    I bought my XD-9 ported barrel from them. After looking online and factoring in shipping and transfer fees the prices was a couple bucks difference.

I do believe they are over priced, but theres nothing stating to say hey whats the lowest you can go. Worst they are going to say is, sorry can't go lower.

I shoot there almost every weekend and even though they seem very chaotic, they have always been friendly and welcoming.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    I called over there today and asked for Randy who I’ve known well over the years. I have not been there for a few years. The guy said that Randy was no longer associated with Free State. I asked if Mark was available to take a call. He said , No, They sold the place a few years ago. I asked if he was the new owner. He said, No, I am just an employee.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I used to shoot there back when they were new. I guess I shouldn't assume they were new, but it was probably in 2012, or maybe even a bit earlier. It was a great place. I don't think too many people knew about it. I could go there in the evening after work and either be the only one there, or one of a very few.

Once word spread and it was usually packed in there, it was just a little too uncomfortable to be in with some of the clientele. No idea what it's like there, I probably haven't been there in over 5 years.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    I used to shoot there back when they were new. I guess I shouldn't assume they were new, but it was probably in 2012, or maybe even a bit earlier. It was a great place. I don't think too many people knew about it. I could go there in the evening after work and either be the only one there, or one of a very few.

Once word spread and it was usually packed in there, it was just a little too uncomfortable to be in with some of the clientele. No idea what it's like there, I probably haven't been there in over 5 years.
    I was in there about a few years after they opened. I was talking to Randy in his office one day. We heard the front door bang. We walked out to see what was up. The door’s hydraulic damper gave out. Randy looked at me. He said to me, You are a mechanic, what happened? I laughed and said, You have had so many customers, they wore it out.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Is this resurrecting a 12 year old thread for the purpose of getting post counts? Usually are. Continuing to respond to these resurrections is just enabling the behavior

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Is this resurrecting a 12 year old thread for the purpose of getting post counts? Usually are. Continuing to respond to these resurrections is just enabling the behavior
    You are way off base.
    When I wasn’t able to get ahold of Randy via email for awhile, I called and was told that he wasn’t there. They didn’t say that he sold. More email, no response so I did an internet search after being told, on the phone that he sold. Nothing on net about sale so I posted here.
    Pal, I could not care less about my post count. I find it odd that you care about my post account let alone enough to comment to others not to reply to my posts.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    You are way off base.
    When I wasn’t able to get ahold of Randy via email for awhile, I called and was told that he wasn’t there. They didn’t say that he sold. More email, no response so I did an internet search after being told, on the phone that he sold. Nothing on net about sale so I posted here.
    Pal, I could not care less about my post count. I find it odd that you care about my post account let alone enough to comment to others not to reply to my posts.
    I doubt that. Otherwise folks could do so many things independently like web site visits, Google Search etc for answers not opinions, "I think that..." and "I don't know but my Aunt Fanny did this" Unfortunately this forum is full of enablers

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    I doubt that. Otherwise folks could do so many things independently like web site visits, Google Search etc for answers not opinions, "I think that..." and "I don't know but my Aunt Fanny did this" Unfortunately this forum is full of enablers
    I do not care what you think. You should however discuss this situation with your doctor.
    Thank you very much for making coming to this forum a pleasant experience.

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Welcome to MdShooters bud. A lot of “this” here.
    That boy has a head problem and he need to get off my back.
    I have no idea of what he is talking about post count and and somebody’s aunt said this and that.
    I met Randy and Mark through one of my sisters. Free State did their banking at Bay Bank on Bel Air Rd. at the top of the hill before it goes down hilll and crossing the Gun Powder river; she was the branch manager.
    The moderator has some wing clippin’ to do. He is in clear violation of the rules. Hopefully he only owns BB guns because he clearly has issues.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I've made the mistake of searching on some key words like 45 colt (since I have a recent acquisition) and posting not realizing that the thread is a decade or two old. People also get on your case for starting a new thread that mirrors an existing one. So it's a lose-lose proposition.

Is there a prize for getting to a certain number of posts? Range time at MGN perhaps?

Browning Fan

Feb 21, 2024
    Baltimore
    Anyone been there recently? Seems like the right time for an update.
    Nooo nope… That would define selfish posting to increase post count by a group of nefariously intentioned enablers!!! That would be a totally outrageous maneuver.
    Don’t blame me if that boy jumps on y'all's back.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    LOLs good one!
    Been awhile since I met any "nefariously selfish posting maneuver enablers"
    ah crap... think I mixed metafors...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics