• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theneckie

Jun 7, 2013
    Queen Anne
    As the title says I finally own a home. I'm born and raised on the shore but have always Rented, but finally own our own little piece of it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    congrats. Jenni and I bought a place back around august. Be prepared to find all the crap the last owners "fixed" as you go about living there. It is much easier mentally to pay a mortgage every month than rent. You're still giving a lot of money to a bank every month, but you feel like you're storing some of it in your own piggy-bank so it's not as bad.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    The goal should be to own your home going into retirement. I almost missed it but with the equity I made over the years I own my current home free and clear here in WV .
    30 year mortgages are ok but double payments in the future can knock that down rapidly.
    I paied a 15 year second off on 5 years. Saved a lot on interest.
    Oh and congratulations.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    There is something really satisfying about ownership. The rent doesn't go up and you can have a dog without asking anyone if you can.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    congrats. Jenni and I bought a place back around august. Be prepared to find all the crap the last owners "fixed" as you go about living there. It is much easier mentally to pay a mortgage every month than rent. You're still giving a lot of money to a bank every month, but you feel like you're storing some of it in your own piggy-bank so it's not as bad.

Pay a little bit extra every month and you are storing even more in your piggy bank and you will be amazed at how much sooner the mortgage gets paid off (i.e., you have a lot more in your piggy bank). The one proviso is if you have a really low mortgage rate and can earn a better return on investment with the money somewhere else.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Congrats...I have another 26 years and then I just get to rent my house and property from the government instead of the bank and government.

This^^

Congrats!

Now open all the doors and windows and call your parents...

and pee in your back yard.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom