• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    There's only 4 people at MSP handling 400 transfers a day at any given time.

And they rest of msp are sitting in middle of the beltway laughing at us!!!

Not necessarily a good thing, but I have seen fewer Staties doing radar on the beltway since January. The few I do see on the road are actually helping out disabled vehicles by either changing a tire or providing coverage for tow trucks.

If you do get pulled over for speeding, do NOT say "Shouldn't you be in Pikesville doing secondary reviews??":lol:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Not necessarily a good thing, but I have seen fewer Staties doing radar on the beltway since January. The few I do see on the road are actually helping out disabled vehicles by either changing a tire or providing coverage for tow trucks.

If you do get pulled over for speeding, do NOT say "Shouldn't you be in Pikesville doing secondary reviews??":lol:

:lol2::lol2::lol2: ROTFLMAO :lol2::lol2::lol2:

mcornish86@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Lmao

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Mx121

Jan 26, 2013
    Severn
    Talking with my neighbor about the wait time and he told part of the reason of OT releasing before the background checks could be due the fact that they are holding on to these guns when Maryland law says seven days which makes the FFL breaking the law and MSP and could have law suits against them too. I'm no lawyer but could this be true?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Talking with my neighbor about the wait time and he told part of the reason of OT releasing before the background checks could be due the fact that they are holding on to these guns when Maryland law says seven days which makes the FFL breaking the law and MSP and could have law suits against them too. I'm no lawyer but could this be true?

May, not must. FFL's are NOT breaking the law.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Please keep in mind...

Unless I've missed something, no one is "releasing after 7 days"!!!

What these FFLs are doing are beginning to release firearms from their backlog, in advance of MSP notification of NICS.

At this point, you can't just go out to them, plunk down your hard-earned, and come back next Tuesday to pick up.

Will it get there? Yeah, that's the plan... but right now they are releasing according to their own standards, for their own reasons, from old transactions.

Their house, their choice.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    We may, and put MAY in huge capital letters, start letting customers with multiple transfers in stock start having all their firearms that have been here longer than 7 days as soon as the first "ND" comes back.

This is very preliminary and has to be approved our attorney and insurance caries, but at least they didn't say no right out of the box when we floated the idea past them.

We have so many folks with 3, 4 or even 5 guns in the vault, it only makes sense.

Stand by as this is only a preliminary plan and NOT a done deal. A lot of folks with input on our business have to sign off.

Forthefunofit

Mar 25, 2013
    Ridgely, MD
    This makes sense!

We may, and put MAY in huge capital letters, start letting customers with multiple transfers in stock start having all their firearms that have been here longer than 7 days as soon as the first "ND" comes back.

This is very preliminary and has to be approved our attorney and insurance caries, but at least they didn't say no right out of the box when we floated the idea past them.

We have so many folks with 3, 4 or even 5 guns in the vault, it only makes sense.

Stand by as this is only a preliminary plan and NOT a done deal. A lot of folks with input on our business have to sign off.

Glad to see someone applying common sense to the situatuion, hope this spreads!:thumbsup:

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Filled out paperwork for a stripped lower at Bob's Sunoco. They told me I could pick up in 10 days since I was a designated maryland collector.
    I have also heard that Accurate in Loveville is doing the same...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom