• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    i know i sound extremely dumb asking this question, but i am in the process of ordering an sks from widener's reloading and shooting supply.. i am told that "All firearm purchases require a copy of your FFL/C&R to be onfile"...

what exactly does that mean and how do i go about obtaining a copy of a FFL document? also, i will be using Money Order instead of a credit card.. anyone have experience ordering through Western Union or any other service?

HTArms

May 9, 2013
    Waynesboro, PA
    What that means is that you have to line up a gun dealer in your area to actually receive the firearm and do the background on you before it can be transferred into your hands. This is a standard service most FFLs (gun shops) will handle for anywhere between $20 (what we charge at my shop in PA) to $40 or so. You will give the FFL of your choice the FAX or email address of the seller and they will usually take care of the rest for you.

I usually get my money orders at my bank or the post office.

Hope this helps!

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    The easiest way of doing this is to do a FFL search for your area. Here's what I used:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/FFLSearch.htm

Type in your relevant information. It'll bring up a listing of FFLs in the area. Then go to their webpages and check out their transfer requirements. Or just call them and ask what their transfer policies is and that you're interested in doing a transfer. After you are done talking with them, you ask them to fax their info to the supplier that you're buying from. Once that is complete, you can complete the order. Make sure the sending address is to the FFL, but you put *YOUR* name on the order form. Either in the "To" field or the notes field. That way, when the FFL receives the package...they know it's your gun. When I was doing my transfer, the FFL I worked with said that a good number of people don't put their name on the package. That causes headaches trying to figure out who has what.

Also, when you go to the FFL to put in the paperwork, it wouldn't hurt to print out the shipping order form and/or receipt to also help prove it's your property that you're purchasing. But that's not always required.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Just FYI :
    FFL = Federal Firearms License(Standard Firearms retailer is FFL01)
    C&R = Collector of Curios and Relics (Which is an FFL03)
    There are other types of FFL's, Machine guns and silencers, Manufacturer, Gunsmith.......

CZ75

Apr 15, 2013
    Pasadena
    What that means is that you have to line up a gun dealer in your area to actually receive the firearm and do the background on you before it can be transferred into your hands. This is a standard service most FFLs (gun shops) will handle for anywhere between $20 (what we charge at my shop in PA) to $40 or so. You will give the FFL of your choice the FAX or email address of the seller and they will usually take care of the rest for you.

I usually get my money orders at my bank or the post office.

Hope this helps!
    So can I have a gun sent to you as an FFL, then pick it up from you in 8 days time? I live in Maryland.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    So can I have a gun sent to you as an FFL, then pick it up from you in 8 days time? I live in Maryland.

You "could" i suppose, but pointless because you'd legally have to have it go thru an ffl in md. I.e. from him in pa to an ffl in md. Extra $ on your part and a waste of time.

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    i sent an email to constitutional firearms a few days ago inquiring about a yugo m59/66, but havent heard back.. i would really prefer to purchase in store with cash rather than go through the online/ffl ********.

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    Depending on the shop, emails are tough, I would call or go in person, sales volumes are so high now they may not have time to respond to their emails.

that's what i figured. going to give them a call tomorrow. reading through constitutional's website, they stated that they can order firearms for me... do they charge a fee, or would the traditional FFL transfer fee take care of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom