• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    the dealer does not hold as long as they want. they hold as long as they feel obligated to. in most cases this is until an nd comes back.

the transfer payment is for the submission of paperwork, storage of firearm, liability for holding firearm, ect ect

WRONG! They are, in fact, holding as long as they want. If they are not releasing, they are holding. What is it that you people don't understand about this?

The buyer went in and paid for an item that the buyer fully expected to take home in a reasonable amount of time (10 days). 105 days in not a reasonable amount of time.

An "INDEFINTE" waiting period is not reasonable. No Way-No How.

Got my shiney new replacement DC letter today. 8 day release here I come.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    the dealer does not hold as long as they want. they hold as long as they feel obligated to. in most cases this is until an nd comes back.

the transfer payment is for the submission of paperwork, storage of firearm, liability for holding firearm, ect ect

They are NOT obligated to hold beyond the 8th day. They hold as long as they want, to feel comfortable releasing. Show me where they are obligated to hold beyond the 8th day. Show me where something says the dealer SHALL or MUST hold until a ND comes back.

Kind of funny that a transfer payment isn't for a transfer, but just the submission of paperwork, etc. So, if the FFL were to never transfer, there would be no breach of contract because the customer did NOT pay for a transfer. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    there is no need for a refund - the FFL has already done what they got paid for.

no need for them to offer anything. if someone wants to use a different ffl then they can make that request and it would happen.

asking a dealer to give a refund for paperwork they they already processed just because the MSP is and issue and the customer doesn't want to wait is not reasonable. if they are in that much of a hurry then they should be happy to suck up the transfer cost and refile elsewhere.

what I'm seeing too much of is thisi attitude of entitlement - people think somehow that they are entitled to something. entitled to welfare, entitled to healthcare, entitled to a full refund on an agreement between them and a business when the business has done no wrong and alreayd did what they were paid to do.

I'm guessing from your response that you don't work in a career involving customer service or any job that includes making/keeping customers happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom