• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    Trying to wade through which shops are still taking out of state transfers...

Anyone know the best route for receiving a couple stripped lowers?

Thanks!

-Kevin

ziptiespec

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    It looks like Scott's Gunsmithing might be an option... I'll have to give him a ring tomorrow. If only it hadn't taken me so long to convince my wife!

Thanks!

swerv88

Apr 16, 2013
    Picking one up at The Gun Shop In Essex tomorrow. I would call and double check. Internet orders are ok but No person to person transfers is what I was told.

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    I've done business with them before and will check them out.

I'm probably looking at them not receiving the products in time for an "on-time" release. It seems like the bottom fell out of the idea of proving the purchase was made prior to 10.1.2013.

I'm sure business is nuts with people trying to get in before qualification is mandatory.

-Kevin

swerv88

Apr 16, 2013
    If not try Belair Gun Supply & Pawn. Not too far away. I did quite a few and they were releasing in 8 days. This was back in June but check it out if need be. 410 877-7120

ziptiespec

If Glen Burnie in within reasonable distance then definitely Scott's, Sure Shot, or Bart's. Just call ahead to see if they'll handle the transfer for you.

I'm probably looking at them not receiving the products in time for an "on-time" release. It seems like the bottom fell out of the idea of proving the purchase was made prior to 10.1.2013.

Maybe I'm missing something... You bought a stripped AR lower receiver? If you buy it prior to 10/1 then you're fine. Speaking personally, Bart's is doing a 2-week "on-time" release. I'm not sure what you mean by the bottom falling out.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or in the case of stripped lowers prwesumably before they become banned.

Presuming you mean Regulated Rifle lowers , they can be picked up after 10/01 as long as 77R , or Purchase Order(s) are done by 9/30 .

If you have more than one lower , and don't have your Designated Collector , you need to have conversation w/ prospective FFL about Purchase Order policies.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Why don't you just buy them locally?
    Engage Armament in Rockville has a crapload of stripped lowers for sale.

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    I am all for supporting IPs and the Engage lowers (and uppers!) look absolutely stunning. But... $75 shipped for a internet-sourced lower > $180 (IIRC)for one of the Engage lowers in a lot of people's minds.

I haven't had a ton of time to figure out what every dealer in MD has going on, and the ones I've visited locally have ridiculous prices.

To beat the 10/1 deadline, the most alluring option seems to be what I'm considering, with the intent to build the weapons at a later date. I'm thinking about picking up a Del-Ton and an ATI Omni stripped lower, all in that's ~$130 for both. (I don't need the peanut gallery on the perceived quality of either one). Plus shipping and fees, I should still be less than $250 for the pair.

I'm certainly open to suggestions if you guys know of lowers which are locally sourced. That'd save me a lot of headache.

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    So the issue would still be the same. Best FFL for transfer?

Does anyone know of local shops that have stripped lowers? I have a PM to Engage and am awaiting response. I'm open to suggestions.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So the issue would still be the same. Best FFL for transfer?

Does anyone know of local shops that have stripped lowers? I have a PM to Engage and am awaiting response. I'm open to suggestions.

Yes Engage has a boatload of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom