• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    An FFL is only required on the receiving end, although some will not accept a shipment from a non FFL. I recently shipped a Glock to an FFL in GA, no problem.

Check first.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    An FFL is only required on the receiving end, although some will not accept a shipment from a non FFL. I recently shipped a Glock to an FFL in GA, no problem.

Check first.

Ah, my mistake was thinking both ends, thank you for the clarification.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    In some cases going through an FFL is cheaper, as they can ship USPS Priority Mail and you cannot. UPS and FED EX require next day shipment with signature required. Priority mail is cheaper in most cases.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    MSP charges $10 to do a Regulated Transfer fee. And you can release it after 7 days, weekends and Holidays don't count.

You cannot do this between residents of different states.

Transfers between residents of different states MUST go through an FFL, with the recipient physically present to accept the firearm. This is Federal law.

MD regulated firearms MUST be transfered through an MD FFL. This is MD law.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Check first.

If non-regulated in MD, the FFL does not need to be in MD. You could drive to VA (in this case, IF it were not regulated in MD) and pick it up.

The only requirement is that the buyer be physically present at the FFL to do the paperwork.

Of course, if MD regulated, it has to go through an MD FFL.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I am sorry you had a disappointment with Constitutional. They have been doing timely releases for some time, which is awesome for all law abiding Marylanders. I bought something from them recently and the experience was A+++. I guess, like Ken Starr used to say, reasonable people may disagree.

Feb 28, 2013
    I am sorry you had a disappointment with Constitutional. They have been doing timely releases for some time, which is awesome for all law abiding Marylanders. I bought something from them recently and the experience was A+++. I guess, like Ken Starr used to say, reasonable people may disagree.

I've been very happy with Constitutional. I've bought 3 handguns from them, all of which were on time release, and I've been recommending them to new handgun buyers.

I'd buy from them again if they had something I wanted.

Their apparent unwillingness to do a FTF transfer in their shop kinda threw me for a loop though.

Sig Snob

May 20, 2012
    Hi all,

First of all I'd like to apologize for the misinformation one of my associates gave SlingBlade regarding the transfer of a firearm. Of course it is perfectly legal for us to receive a firearm from anyone whether in person or via shipment.

For Gambler and marylandondeck: Please PM or email me (or give a call on Thursdays) to let me know how I or my shop has offended you and I will attempt to rectify it.

Constitutional Firearms is much more than a hobby for me. I wish it even came close to my earnings at my full time job so I could do it full time, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. (I know it's hard to believe that gun shop owners aren't multimillionaires, but it's true.)

We are still doing 8th day releases and will continue to do so.

Thanks,
    Paul

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Hi all,

First of all I'd like to apologize for the misinformation one of my associates gave SlingBlade regarding the transfer of a firearm. Of course it is perfectly legal for us to receive a firearm from anyone whether in person or via shipment.

For Gambler and marylandondeck: Please PM or email me (or give a call on Thursdays) to let me know how I or my shop has offended you and I will attempt to rectify it.

Constitutional Firearms is much more than a hobby for me. I wish it even came close to my earnings at my full time job so I could do it full time, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. (I know it's hard to believe that gun shop owners aren't multimillionaires, but it's true.)

We are still doing 8th day releases and will continue to do so.

Thanks,
    Paul

I've never dealt with your shop. I meant no offense and I have no opinion. Just thought the comment was funny.

expat

Aug 29, 2012
    Constitutional Firearms.

God, I hate myself now. :sad20:

I've had high regard for CF. I suspect that the problem may be that he has a full-time job and has others man the store most of the time, and it's inconvenient for him to come in for you rather than deal with it at his convenience.

Feb 28, 2013
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Paul

Thank you Paul, for coming on here and clearing that up. I think you just made a bunch of folks happy, including myself. I kinda figured somebody had to be B/Sing me.

Here's the second to last email I received from your "associate"...

"To transfer a handgun state to state, it must be done through FFL dealers.

If he were to ship it to you or hand it to you, it would be illegal. If he were to hand it to us, we would refuse to do it. He must ship it to an FFL with your info and his info(copy of an ID)
    "

Frankly this left me a little irritated, because I wanted to give your place the business.

Again I appreciate you setting us straight. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom