• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    Warning, do not read if you have high blood pressure or are allergic to the sight of goblins.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ter-prez-ban-imported-assault-rifles-pistols/

But seriously, Ive been worried that this would come up at some point. The executive branch has enormous power over setting administrative rules around importation. I wonder if the tensions in Crimea would give the president enough political cover to try something along these lines.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Warning, do not read if you have high blood pressure or are allergic to the sight of goblins.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ter-prez-ban-imported-assault-rifles-pistols/

But seriously, Ive been worried that this would come up at some point. The executive branch has enormous power over setting administrative rules around importation. I wonder if the tensions in Crimea would give the president enough political cover to try something along these lines.

I think they should ban Botox... let the voters see the politicians as nature intended ....

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I wonder how many cats DiFi has? I'm guessing 15.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      17.3 KB · Views: 557

EHS1976

Mar 28, 2013
    USA
    Did anyone else catch the ridiculous assertion along the lines of: the firearms that are imported are sold to civilians in the U.S. either for 1) the commission of violent acts here in the U.S. or 2) to be smuggled into Mexico? Apparently, civilians in the U.S. don't buy them for any other purpose?!

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    For example, one imported Romanian AK firearm, the WASR-10, was carefully designed to exploit the sporting purposes test and has become a favorite of the gun traffickers that profit by arming Mexican drug trafficking organizations. The importer of the WASR-10, Century International Arms, circumvents the import ban by taking the following steps: First, the company imports the inexpensive weapon without any military features, to avoid contravening the ban. Next, the weapon is disassembled, and American-made parts are added, to make the weapon “American-made,” not “foreign-made.” The magazine well is also modified to accept higher capacity ammunition magazines. Finally, assault features — which would be illegal if added to a foreign-made weapon — are added to the now-American-made weapon, rendering the weapon an assault rifle for all practical purposes. The resulting firearm is then sold on the civilian market, either to be used in violent acts here at home or smuggled across the border into Mexico.

WASR-10s have repeatedly been found in the arsenals of top drug kingpins and their associates. For example, at least one WASR-10 was used in May 2008 to kill eight police officers in Culiacan, Mexico, a city in the northwestern part of the country. An analysis conducted by The Center for Public Integrity found that, over the last four years, WASR-10 rifles comprised more than 17% of the firearms recovered at Mexican crime scenes and successfully traced back to the United States.

So she wants to ban he WASR-10 so they cannot be smuggled into Mexico?... Eric Holder is going to be so disappointed. :innocent0

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I say let her so we can finally do away with this "sporting purposes" thing once and for all.

Feb 28, 2013
    I love how complying with and working within laws as written are considered "exploiting" them.:rolleyes:

She needs to go back under her bridge. I can recommend a couple good ones along the Jones Falls Expressway.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We need to tally the number of felonies committed by illegal aliens and show that against crimes committed with so called "assault weapons" it needs to be a meme repeated on FB and every forum in every state.

Absolutely ridiculously hypocritical that these people forgive actual crime as long as it is committed by someone in their privileged class and at the same time attack law abiding citizens

Sirex