• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have a couple week job that may need 2 fire-watches and labor work for a couple weeks .

I was putting some feelers out to see if anyone here might think it would fit them .
    Work is on a ship and you will be given a short training from the ship's personnel and the history of the ship .
    You will need to be able to walk a good distance and carry some things and be thoughtful about safety .

I will give you details in private , but it would be great for someone retired .There is Covid screening every day with a heat gun and a questionnaire (daily)

Last edited:

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I have a couple week job that may need 2 fire-watches and labor work for a couple weeks .

I was putting some feelers out to see if anyone here might think it would fit them .
    Work is on a ship and you will be given a short training from the ship's personnel and the history of the ship .
    You will need to be able to walk a good distance and carry some things and be thoughtful about safety .

I will give me details in private , but it would be great for someone retired .There is Covid screening every day with a heat gun and a questionnaire (daily)[/QUOTE

Screening w/heat gun? Pass:)]

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I should have mentioned our shop is in Curtis Bay and the work is in Dundalk/Canton area near the marine terminal great views and inside work on this job .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    20.00 per hour 8 hr. days . 5 days a week for hopefully 2 weeks maybe a little more . Fire-watch this is good for females & males . Sit on chair most of the day .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Damn - if this were a summer gig I'd take you up on it just to break up my life a little.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Attachments

• external-content.duckduckgo.jpg
      external-content.duckduckgo.jpg
      21.9 KB · Views: 386

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It is the Savannah , the first nuclear ship used for commerce it was commissioned by Dwight D. Eisenhower as an Atoms for Peace it was to show nuclear could be for peaceful reasons and for commerce . This ship was used for freight as well it transported passengers as well with a swimming pool and a bar/lounge barbershop . Lots of the ship has been restored , it now has modern heat and air conditioning .

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Oh man, I would love to come work with you for a few days. I live right in Canton, so I’m only 5 minutes away. I’m pretty busy with my own work right now though.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This has to be on the John Brown. Right? I was a volunteer for some years until it got too much to crawl around that old ship.

We do work on that as well , we re-built the .50 cal gun turret tubs on the John Brown and repaired many decks and rotted steel .
    Some of the above the water line work is inspected by the Coast Guard as that vessel still carries passengers (pre-covid)

The John Brown is next door right now to the Savannah , on a nice day there is no better place to be working .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom