• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    What happened with the magpul bad lever did it fit and not function?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Has anyone had issues with the bolt catch roll pin hole being too large? My spikes tactical bolt catch roll pin can just slide right through the hole, no punch required. I'm going to order a second pin and see if that will be a tighter fit.

This is also my first build so I could be doing something wrong.
    I just installed PSA LPKs in my three lowers; all three pins required punch and hammer time to get the bolt catch seated.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Finished my build over the weekend. Hope to post a few pics shortly. I used a PSA STR lower build kit and a BCM upper. No issues at all. I had forgotten just how easy it is. Haven't tried my mags yet. Will have to check just to make sure.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I have the same issue with my DD upper. Front pin exceedingly tight. ...

Me too. My Daniel Defense upper was extremely tight going on the CMMG pivot pin in the Engage lower. Other uppers went on the same pin and lower just fine. Not the lower and not the parts kit (in my opinion).

I think those guys at DD make it a little tight as it is a place of common wear. Once it gets broken in, no problem.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What happened with the magpul bad lever did it fit and not function?
    Didn't on mine. Wound up using a Phase5 lever.

I also have a super-tight pivot pin, and it's definitely something with the lower or the pin - it doesn't want to go in or out even without an upper, and I have to hit it in pretty good. My research indicates this is not a real problem, so I'll just leave it alone.

Bolt catch roll pin went in like all my other lowers - needed a punch or pliers.

The grip screw was a little weird, and required some effort to go in. Was fine after that.

My other (non-Engage) billet lower was a bit finicky, too, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

x7tristan

Feb 13, 2013
    Germantown MD
    for people with the engage upper, which vise block works to allow you to properly torque on the barrel nut? If you didn't need a vise block, could you share how you did it?
    thanks!

stratplaya06

Jul 22, 2013
    Hey guys, not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I tried a Troy Industries ambi mag release on my engage lower I just picked up, and it does not hold the mag properly. Due to the increased thickness of the receiver around where the little push tab from the release sits, it holds the mag release further out, preventing the mag from being held.

I may end up coming in and having you guys machine a little part of the receiver there to allow the mag release to sit properly. As a left handed shooter it is kind of a bummer that it doesn't fit, but at least the solution wouldn't be too terribly invasive.

Ronin9

Jun 11, 2013
    Good 'ole "Fredneck" County
    Am digging my Engage upper receiver. Have test fitted with my newly completed Spikes Tactical lower and everything aligns perfectly! Just need to find me the right barrel and I'm all set. My only regret is not getting a matching Engage Lower before 01Oct as the finish between the 2 receivers don't match up and the strong lines/edges on the upper from engage would have been more bad ass had it been paired with the lower. Overall very happy with the stuff from Engage!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Am digging my Engage upper receiver. Have test fitted with my newly completed Spikes Tactical lower and everything aligns perfectly! Just need to find me the right barrel and I'm all set. My only regret is not getting a matching Engage Lower before 01Oct as the finish between the 2 receivers don't match up and the strong lines/edges on the upper from engage would have been more bad ass had it been paired with the lower. Overall very happy with the stuff from Engage!

The matched sets are awesome... can't wait to build mine out. Need to get the cash together for the upper though, but I've seen enough sets to see they look amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

async

May 5, 2013
    Hey guys, not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I tried a Troy Industries ambi mag release on my engage lower I just picked up, and it does not hold the mag properly. Due to the increased thickness of the receiver around where the little push tab from the release sits, it holds the mag release further out, preventing the mag from being held.

I may end up coming in and having you guys machine a little part of the receiver there to allow the mag release to sit properly. As a left handed shooter it is kind of a bummer that it doesn't fit, but at least the solution wouldn't be too terribly invasive.

Thanks for the info, I'm also a lefty.

stratplaya06

Jul 22, 2013
    Just put my PSA LPK-G (lower parts kit + Geissele SSA) into my engage lower and noticed a problem when putting my pmags into the lower. The bolt catch appears to barely hold the follower of the mag, and when I push up and down on the follower it will nudge forward and the bolt catch will get caught behind it. I have attached a video I uploaded on youtube of the problem occurring (apologize for crappy iphone camerawork). Let me know what you guys think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07jbjLaD1do

stratplaya06

Jul 22, 2013
    Yup got it straight from PSA. I also tried my brother's bolt catch (also from PSA) with the same result. Almost feels as if the channel cut for the bolt catch is too wide.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Yup got it straight from PSA. I also tried my brother's bolt catch (also from PSA) with the same result. Almost feels as if the channel cut for the bolt catch is too wide.

It should be noted that on just about any AR if you push the PMAG follower forward toward the muzzle on just about any lower the bolt hold open will fall behind the follower. I just did it here on a myriad of guns. I believe this is what would be called an artificially induced malfunction, meaning I dont know how this scenario would happen during firing. If you have some other lowers test it out, and the PMAG/Bolt hold open will do the same thing. FYI, I just tested it on ours, Black Rain, LWRC, and DPMS.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    It should be noted that on just about any AR if you push the PMAG follower forward toward the muzzle on just about any lower the bolt hold open will fall behind the follower. I just did it here on a myriad of guns. I believe this is what would be called an artificially induced malfunction, meaning I dont know how this scenario would happen during firing. If you have some other lowers test it out, and the PMAG/Bolt hold open will do the same thing. FYI, I just tested it on ours, Black Rain, LWRC, and DPMS.

Agreed, I did the same thing and came to the same conclusion.

It's like riding the slide forward when loading a pistol. You'll usually get a failure to feed, but if you operate it as it was designed you will not have that issue.

Previous post will be edited...

Si vis pacem, para bellvm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom