• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I went to Waldorf fed ex center this morning about 1115 am. i had to drop off my bond arms derringer to be sent back to the factory. They sent the shipping label For fed ex.
    When I got there to drop it off I saw this sign on the wall. I thought this is new. I was there last month dropping off another handgun and tailgate to my truck And there was no sign. When I went in all I could smell was pot. And was worse when the woman came out from the back. She took my package and gave me the receipt. I said why does it smell like pot in here, she said it was the customer before me. She didn’t know I was in the parking lot for a while sending a text And no one came in or left. i just looked at her and said someone needs to smoke lot less of it. She gave me strange look.
    fed ex doesn’t want a person that has gone trough at least 2 safety classes. 3 background checks two rounds of fingerprints to carry a legal firearm but they have no issue with people getting high a. F. on their property.

Attachments

• 83B1614A-203B-4038-876A-E5F6A7AF984F.jpeg
      83B1614A-203B-4038-876A-E5F6A7AF984F.jpeg
      347 KB · Views: 65
    • E70F7FFA-475F-4DB7-B316-2D33D0F3345F.jpeg
      E70F7FFA-475F-4DB7-B316-2D33D0F3345F.jpeg
      260.4 KB · Views: 60

jmb122mp

Nov 2, 2016
    Wonder what happens if a CMP rifle is shipped there as the CMP uses FedEx... I assume by contract of some sort.

Within the last year or so, I had an ammo purchase from the CMP redirected to the FedEx office in Annapolis as I wasn't home to sign for it (they had begun to allow signatures again as COVID progressed). I don't remember any similar firearm signage but when I went to pick up the package, the lady asked what's in the package... I assume to help her find the box... I didn't really care at the time telling her ammo (I realize others are less inclined to reveal that information). She replied that ammo wasn't allowed in the building. I replied at most with "OK"... but was thinking the sooner you give me my package the sooner it's out of the building.

FYI for those ordering from the CMP... FedEx MD and FedEx corporate don't appear to be on the same page. Might be worth a chat with the CMP prior to shipping to MD.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I went to Waldorf fed ex center this morning about 1115 am. i had to drop off my bond arms derringer to be sent back to the factory. They sent the shipping label For fed ex.
    When I got there to drop it off I saw this sign on the wall. I thought this is new. I was there last month dropping off another handgun and tailgate to my truck And there was no sign. When I went in all I could smell was pot. And was worse when the woman came out from the back. She took my package and gave me the receipt. I said why does it smell like pot in here, she said it was the customer before me. She didn’t know I was in the parking lot for a while sending a text And no one came in or left. i just looked at her and said someone needs to smoke lot less of it. She gave me strange look.
    fed ex doesn’t want a person that has gone trough at least 2 safety classes. 3 background checks two rounds of fingerprints to carry a legal firearm but they have no issue with people getting high a. F. on their property.
    That’s the facility I use. Does the sign have the force of law?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The picture looks nothing like what i would carry there, problem solved.

F-them place of businesses, went to a Hilti store in Golden ring walked in when there was a no smoking cigar sign and a gun sign.

I told the guy there the signs were cute, the smoking sign would take years to kill you and the gun could do it quicker.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Yea I am fed up with all the Pot smells too, it's everywhere. Whatever happened to the NO SMOKING movement, I guess it doesn't apply to MJ.
    So back to the gun OP, how does this effect you shipping a firearm ? Did she ask what was in the package, or was she too buzzed.

swanny06

Dec 8, 2022
    SOMD
    My experience with Fedex in our area is that they are complete shit. They’ve “lost” more packages and lied about more delivery attempts than I care to count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    You could have just stopped at "WALDORF"
    It smells like weed from Surratts Rd all the way down to the Nice Bridge.
    On the rare occasion I have to head south through that area, I cut through Buds Creek just to avoid the whole thing.

swanny06

Dec 8, 2022
    SOMD
    You could have just stopped at "WALDORF"
    It smells like weed from Surratts Rd all the way down to the Nice Bridge.
    On the rare occasion I have to head south through that area, I cut through Buds Creek just to avoid the whole thing.

FACTS.

We live below budds and go to Fredericksburg before going to Waldorf for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    (Does the sign have the force of Law?) No.
    Well, there you go...... :thumbsup:

And if they want to call in LEOs , just remind them that you will request that all employees and vehicles be searched for illegal drugs.. LOL

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Yea I am fed up with all the Pot smells too, it's everywhere. Whatever happened to the NO SMOKING movement, I guess it doesn't apply to MJ.
    So back to the gun OP, how does this effect you shipping a firearm ? Did she ask what was in the package, or was she too buzzed.
    She didn’t ask, if she wasn’t so stone she could see it was addressed to bond arms. That is called a clue

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Well, there you go...... :thumbsup:

And if they want to call in LEOs , just remind them that you will request that all employees and vehicles be searched for illegal drugs.. LOL

Unfortunately pot is now legal in md so they don’t care anymore.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    HQL = class, fingerprints, background

carry = class, fingerprints, background

purchase = background

barring any training exemption, in order to purchase a new handgun between Oct, 2013 and June, 2022 with carry permit post Bruen
    Since I have fla. And Utah permits. I went trough two more finger prints one additional safety class and two additional background checks. I have hunter safety so that can count as a 4th firearm safety class.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    HQL = class, fingerprints, background

carry = class, fingerprints, background

purchase = background

barring any training exemption, in order to purchase a new handgun between Oct, 2013 and June, 2022 with carry permit post Bruen

Yeah I figured that , but I must have been too subtle in my comeback .

Carry gun(s) that you owned pre '13 , or otherwise legally have aquited without HQL . Or had the patience to have obtained W&C first , and gotten complimentary HQL without additional prints or pointless redundant backgrounding .

So at minimum , 1 class ( or relavent exemption ) , 1 printing , 1 BG investigation for W&C . Plus whatever retrospective purchase processes were for handgun(s) owned as of May 2022 .

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Back in the FedEx back room, your shotgun has arrived back from the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom