• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman - Oath Keeper

Guardian of the Republic
    Jan 28, 2013
    Khandahar, Afghanistan
    Ladies and Gents,

I am in Afghanistan right now and would really like to hear some feedback from those Patriots that attended the Feb. 6 hearings. MSM is as useful as ever and would like to get it from the horse's mouth. If I am a dumb a** and it is already posted please enllighten me.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Heres the skinny. A few thousand of us showed up and very respectfully had a rally. In the middle of it a bald eagle flew over and the crowd went insane. Sorry i cant speak as to the hearings as i was outside all day. The anti gun protesters never showed up outside.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    AAR

I allowed 1 1/2 hours to go from Reisterstown to Annapolis. I read the suggestion to get a hotel room the night before, and dismissed it. My mistake. I should have allowed twice or three times the travel time.

I was concerned I might be the only one there. Some friends I invited to the hearing bailed at the last minute. I jotted some notes down based upon research I had been doing over the past two weeks. Not only did I not get to speak, but I didn't even make it into the building.

The crowd was very large. Everyone was on his best behavior. There were a few chants, but not as many as I wanted. The chants seemed to help me keep warm.

If you're not used to being outside for hours, don't forget to dress much more warmly than you do ordinarily. It wasn't cold, but it was a little breezy.

Delegate Dwyer came out and gather the group around. He told us that for the first time in his eleven years in Annapolis, the building was shut down because of the number of occupants. He was very pleased with the turnout. Because we couldn't get in to the hearing, we were allowed to sign sheets indicating we opposed 281, and he promised those sheets would be entered into the legislative record. Those who signed and provided an address or phone would be contacted and given preferred opportunity to address the House committee when it comes up.

I stayed in the mall area for a while after that. There were no planned activities, and mostly we debated the DGS police officers who were standing around the mall. They didn't really oppose us, but were mostly looking for something to do. Since there was nothing to do, I left after that.

This morning I emailed Sen. Zirkin telling him that I was shut out of the process, and inviting him to extend the hearings or arrange a town meeting for his district. I contacted a retired US Army physician who lives in Howard County, and he and I are planning to head out to the Howard County town meeting tonight.

ECPDefense

Jun 30, 2010
    Cecil-Tucky
    I had just made it in the door when they closed it about 15-20 people behind me. Spent the whole afternoon waiting in line having great conversations with other attendees. I believe it was around 6PM when I finally made it to the book to sign in opposition to SB281.

It was an awesome sight to see so many turn out for this event! Like many of you, I am warn out today but will do it again in a heartbeat!

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Sorry you missed this

It was awesome. I arrived at 9:40 or so and headed to sign up to testify. minimal line to get into the bldg and through security. The line started right past security. Then waited 3hr40min to sign up. That's right brother, So many people it looked like Disney world with the line snaking around on the 2nd floor. Halls jammed with folks, two overflow rooms and hall packed on the first floor. They had to shut the bldg. down because of fire laws. The line outside went down and around the corner I was told. Easily 3500-4000 people. The hearing is what is was. Special people getting to talk, the gov. - blah blah blah. One hour of folks for the bill and then one hour of folks against the it. A huge rally outside in lawyers sq, i was just finishing up, and with the doors locked up did not go outside, It sounded great. I got into the hearing room around 5:30 and stayed till 7:40 or so. Heard Sherrif Jenkins, Frederick, talk why he was opposed to the law. Stating "I cannot protect our citizens" they have to have the ability to do it themselves. I'm sure it will be online at some point ( i hope) Lots of folks with the same feeling. This is wrong and we are here to let you know. What a day.

I agree with ECPDefense

I would do it again - anytime, anywhere.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    About the hearings. The anti-gun folks in favor of this bill had about two hours of testimony from state/local officials and lobbyists. They had maybe 30min. worth from actual private citizens and honestly none of them helped their cause. They were all over the cuckoos nest so to speak.

We on the other hand had 5 hours of solid testimony and enough people there to fill out another 12 hours at least who were denied their right to speak(myself included).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom