• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accur8shot

Jan 6, 2010
    can't remember
    I have been to somewhere around 20-30 different shooting ranges in various states, from New Mexico to Missouri to California, Florida and Maryland. My all-time favorite range was just outside Albuquerque... volcanoes to the right, mountains to the left. All outdoors. Shooting there was awesome.

Anyone have any favorite ranges, any state?

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Rocky Mountains in CO. Dont need a range, just pull up to the shooting bench and blast all day while sipping cold beer. Real America!

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    The several hundred (300 or 400?) yard "sniper" range at Ft Meade Md, a run and gun range with about a dozen shooting positions and props for long away to close up, shooting with the local legend John Pepper, where I learned the difference between a "rifleman", and a "bulletman". Totally awesome. Then one day the Army decided to stop letting civilians in the local, on base club, use it. So sad.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The range I am shooting at, at the time. If I am getting trigger time, I am happy. If I had to pick one, I would say the FHRPC range. I can be there in less than 5 minutes from my house.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Range 4, MCB Quantico. :) Range 1 is a close second due to the fact they have a low wall running down the left edge. On a good day from the shooting house if you're in the right position, you can hear the "ziiiiippp" of the bullet echoing off the wall. Very nifty sound with high power rifles. My 8mm sounded incredible on that range.

Most of my shooting is done at Blue Ridge Arsenal or NRA in Virginia. Been to Delmarva Sporting Clays and liked them too. Now that I'm closer to them, I may get out there more to work on developing competition loads.

Matt

Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    There was a gun club in San Angelo Texas. Nothing spectacular, but they gave you a key and you can go on your own. One day I dug out some target stands that were on a small axel with a weight on the bottom. I tied 550 cord to the weight and ran it around a post and me and my friends shot at moving targets all day.

May 13, 2005
    Favorite hands down :D

Attachments

• hells range.jpg
      hells range.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 283

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Knob Creek :gun7:

Its been about 12 years since i've been, its time for another trip!

I have a bunch of pics, but i need to figure out how to convert my old school videos to You Tube

Full auto BAR
    mgs1-1.jpg
    [/IMG]

Ma Deuce
    mgs3.jpg
    [/IMG]

Napalm from a flame thrower
    mgs2.jpg
    [/IMG]

KC1.jpg
    [/IMG]

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    Rocky Mountains in CO. Dont need a range, just pull up to the shooting bench and blast all day while sipping cold beer. Real America!

That's where I grew up (about 20 miles from Boulder, CO). Did undergrad in Albuquerque. At that point, I always took it for granted that there would be National Forest around wherever I lived. There are always places not far outside of town where you could just go a shoot, right? I was in for a rude surprise when I came east for grad school and work... I miss open spaces. :sad20:

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I would have to say the property my family used to own in Terlingua, TX, just outside of Big Bend National Park. One full section of land with a natural valley that looks into the park, easily able to shoot well over 500 meters, never tried any farther but it could be done.

accur8shot

Jan 6, 2010
    can't remember
    Markham Park in Florida is not bad... the grounds are awesome. Some of the ranger officers, not so much. But compared to some of the other places I used to shoot in South Florida, it at least feels safe. Some ranges in the Miami/FTL area are entirely too sketchy.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Ontario Rod & Gun Club, It was the first range I shot at with my dad when I was 8, And still shoot trap there against him a few time a year. Nicest group of people I ever got to meet.

May 13, 2005
    Where is this? Looks incredible.

Central AZ. In the first pic - The curve in the river where it turns and goes out of sight is at 1200 meters. About 2/3 of the way up the river there are 4 rocks in a diagonal, they start at 630 and go to about 700 meters. The big boulders just below them are at almost 600 meters and are the size of an SUV.

Great place to shoot long range toys - and to truly test out the capabilities of other things as well. The milled Norinco AK in this pic surprisingly was able to make hits consistently out to about 500 with the scope and custom quick detach mount I had on it. I lost count of the number of rounds shot here, but it is well into the tens of thousands.

Here's another pic from further back on the rim.

Attachments

• hellsya.jpg
      hellsya.jpg
      70 KB · Views: 200

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    Central AZ. In the first pic - The curve in the river where it turns and goes out of sight is at 1200 meters. About 2/3 of the way up the river there are 4 rocks in a diagonal, they start at 630 and go to about 700 meters. The big boulders just below them are at almost 600 meters and are the size of an SUV.

Great place to shoot long range toys - and to truly test out the capabilities of other things as well. The milled Norinco AK in this pic surprisingly was able to make hits consistently out to about 500 with the scope and custom quick detach mount I had on it. I lost count of the number of rounds shot here, but it is well into the tens of thousands.

Here's another pic from further back on the rim.

Nice Camo Job on the Head:D Looks like a fun place to shoot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom