• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Correction, used to be.
    Do a search for "DSA bolt failure" now they have no more SDP parts & are fabricating parts themselves. Its made a huge difference.
    Currently I'd get a good StG58 built on an Imbel receiver for a first choice, with an Imbel/Imbel build for my second.

olddawg

Feb 3, 2011
    Harford County
    There are tons of FALs out there that were built with military surplus parts on a US receiver. Look around, Century are abundant but have spotty quality control. FALs are awesome weapons and its pretty easy to find replacement parts. You won't be disappointed. Most FAL guys end up with more than 1. Gotta at least have a metric and an inch.:innocent0

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I looked for years and years to find just the one I wanted. I wouldn't buy the newer DSA stuff because so many parts are made in the US and are inferior. I finally found a Belgian made matching STG58 with a custom serial matched DSA Grayslake receiver. They left the original finish alone and blued the receiver to match. An added bonus was that it was the 656th STG made. Patience and edumacation pays off. SO my advice to you is that you buy an early DSA build (or custom build using an early DSA receiver) built on a matching parts kit. This is as close to original as you're going to get and the Quality is as good as original too.

P1090028.jpg

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Correction, used to be.
    Do a search for "DSA bolt failure" now they have no more SDP parts & are fabricating parts themselves. Its made a huge difference.
    Currently I'd get a good StG58 built on an Imbel receiver for a first choice, with an Imbel/Imbel build for my second.

My DSA is before that period and I'm using a milsurp Imbel bolt. Good to know, however! Thanks!

Matt

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    FAL.

Thanks guys. There are sooo many FAL options out there and the President is not helping with the prices... I will take advantage of this time and spec out a military FAL.

dre

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Fickel FAL

So I actually purchased a DSA FAL from AIM and then I canceled the order. Yes, fickle I am. I found more threads on how the quality of the DSA FALs has gone down with the US fabricated parts.

monsternav

May 20, 2005
    St Marys/Kuwait
    Does anyone have any recent experience with DSA FAL's? Searching the internet yielded the newest complaint in Feb 12 about a one year old rifle. Most of the other posts are from 2010-11. Nothing real recent.

Blazin

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2008
    Leonardtown, MD
    Does anyone have any recent experience with DSA FAL's? Searching the internet yielded the newest complaint in Feb 12 about a one year old rifle. Most of the other posts are from 2010-11. Nothing real recent.

falfiles.com has a lot of info. I went though this same thought process a few months ago and ended up getting an Imbel kit, Steyr barrel and a good (DS serial # prefix) DSA receiver. ARS is assembling everything as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom