• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Tried this fairly new restaurant on Market Space in Annapolis. The place looks great and the food was good. The bar looked nice.

Because of my wife's food allergies, she called a while back. Whoever answered the phone was not helpful and did not know the menu. We didn't go.

I was looking at their Facebook page and they were talking about their new menu. I made a comment about their lack of a gluten free/dairy free option. They said they could make it work. They shared their new menu with some options.

My wife had the Surf & Turf. The steak was good and they left the bread crumbs out of the crab cake. (Meaning they're not pre-made.)

I enjoyed the Shrimp and Grits, and a very needed Strongbow cider.

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    My coworkers and I went last fall. Will not go back.

The hostess was indifferent, the owner or manager was indifferent, the waiter was indifferent, the food was ehhhh. And pricey.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My coworkers and I went last fall. Will not go back.

The hostess was indifferent, the owner or manager was indifferent, the waiter was indifferent, the food was ehhhh. And pricey.

That was our experience as well.

Honestly, I pretty much avoid every place on Main Street or the dock anymore.

They simply don't care about the service or the quality of the food because there will always be some unsuspecting tourist or Academy parent who will take your place.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD

They simply don't care about the service or the quality of the food because there will always be some unsuspecting tourist or Academy parent who will take your place.

I agree. I work downtown. For lunch, I mostly eat in the downstairs cafeteria at work, but sometimes do Chick N Ruth's (awesome crab cakes! - otherwise mostly deli food although pretty good for Deli) or hit Stan n Joe's up on West (disclosure: Joe is my neighbor!) or occasionally Rams Head (usually went I attend a concert there). Only issue with the West Street restaurants is they mostly serve only bar food except El Torro which is Mexican (food is pretty good, but service while good in the past has slacked some). One thing to note about the downtown restaurants is that several of them are in the Entertainment Guide most years if you ever get that. Makes it more affordable at least.

My personal opinion is that they ruined the Market Space when they tried to take it upscale. I used to visit Machoian Poultry, the pizza place and seafood place periodically back before they ruined, er...ah...renovated it.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    My personal opinion is that they ruined the Market Space when they tried to take it upscale. I used to visit Machoian Poultry, the pizza place and seafood place periodically back before they ruined, er...ah...renovated it.

No doubt!! It's truly awe-inspiring how the City of Annapolis managed to completely screw up a good thing -- not just once, but multiple times over several years. What used to feel a little funky, but very "real", now feels like yet another fancy food court. I used to love the seafood and the chicken wings stalls.

How could they get the HVAC so wrong that they needed additional YEARS to get it corrected?? I mean, what simpler job could they screw up than the heat load on a centuries old open building??

JoeR

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Recently had lunch at Blackwall Hitch just over the Eastport bridge. While on the pricey side, I thought the service was fabulous. The decor was great and the food was tasty. We sat out on the rooftop dining area that gives a nice view. Will definitely go back.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Recently had lunch at Blackwall Hitch just over the Eastport bridge. While on the pricey side, I thought the service was fabulous. The decor was great and the food was tasty. We sat out on the rooftop dining area that gives a nice view. Will definitely go back.

Thanks. Interested in trying this place. Knowledgeable team and a nice location.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014

The worst service in Annapolis is at the Fleet Reserve Club, which has a regular clientele of people who pay to belong, and for their service, deserve a lot better.

In the dumbing down of America, the hostess and the wait staff grew up on McDonalds and have never been properly taught their jobs nor been to a restaurant with good service.

So when I went to walked up to the hostess at Skippers Inn in Deale last night, and asked for a table for two outside, she did not smile and say "Certainly", she looked at me as if to say" I'm having a conversation with my co-hostess about my weekend plans, why are you bothering me *******.

The food was good, though they use a lot of sugar, honey, salt and fried food. However the next day there was a price to pay,...in the bathroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom