• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    The wife is turning the big 4-0 this year and would like a party to invite between 25-50 friends.

Does anyone have information or any facilities to rent?

Even a field would be good as long as music and alcohol are permitted. Most of her friends are mature reasonable adults so only wine and beer. Nobody will be getting wasted and no drugs.

The location would need to be between Westminster, York, and Gettysburg--anywhere in that triangle.

There may be a small band for live music. I would love to be able to bring our own food and beer but most halls require you to use a licensed caterer and bartender.

Any suggestions on location?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I rented out the hall at Linganore Winery a few years back for my wifes birth day party. We brought our own food and purchased their wine. Also hired a few older kids to watch over and entertain the children that everyone brought so the adults could enjoy themselves.

If your wife is into wine i highly recomend them.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    We ended up going to Pleasant Valley PA VFD and renting their pavilion. It's the same ground they use for their carnival.

Wife and her mom did a fantastic job of decorating it. A friend strummed the guitar a bit.

We got cake from Jacquelyn's Bakeshop & Cafe. Their Baileys and Guinness cupcakes were the bomb. 1/4 sheet cake and 2 dozen cup cakes were $72. Other good flavor was pink champagne with strawberry icing.

Food was BBQ from 3-Hogs in Hanover. 35 people at the party. Total for bbq was $200 and we had about 15 sandwiches worth of meat left over.

Pavilion rental was $75 plus another $75 because we had alcohol.

Friends brought some lawn games--A good time was had by all. It was nice that some of her friends from several years ago were able to make it.

Thanks again for the suggestions. If you ever need cake consider Jacuelyn's and 3-hogs bbq was pretty awesome.

My 40th is next year, I'm thinking a trip to Alaska is in order.

Last edited:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    We ended up going to Pleasant Valley PA VFW and renting their pavilion. It's the same ground they use for their carnival.

Wife and her mom did a fantastic job of decorating it. A friend strummed the guitar a bit.

We got cake from Jacquelyn's Bakeshop & Cafe. Their Baileys and Guinness cupcakes were the bomb. 1/4 sheet cake and 2 dozen cup cakes were $72. Other good flavor was ping champagne with strawberry icing.

Food was BBQ from 3-Hogs in Hanover. 35 people at the party. Total for bbq was $200 and we had about 15 sandwiches worth of meat left over.

Pavilion rental was $75 plus another $75 because we had alcohol.

Friends brought some lawn games--A good time was had by all. It was nice that some of her friends from several years ago were able to make it.

Thanks again for the suggestions. If you ever need cake consider Jacuelyn's and 3-hogs bbq was pretty awesome.

My 40th is next year, I'm thinking a trip to Alaska is in order.
    Wow, sounds like you put together a pretty good party, at a very reasonable cost too!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Frederick County, MD is out of your triangle, but Frederick County regional parks often have community buildings like this one: http://recreater.com/180/Ballenger-Creek-Community-Building and they are available for rent, with kitchens where you can bring your own food and drinks. I believe you can also bring alcohol for an aditional amount for the permit. They are also plenty large enough for a band, tables, a dance floor, buffet tables, etc. Anyway, counties in your triangle may have similar types of facilities for rent - so somethng to think about.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    as posted try VFW or or legions. We did a rhode island legion for my parents 50th and had a local resturant (that they went to weekly for breakfast) cater it. The legion did the booze and was more than fair. Plus got to suppoert the legion and vfw - as for food thry the local food trucks. found out they show up near where i work and the food is great. not sure how they would come in price wise for a group but worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom