• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    He does realize the bulk of his fan base are conservative white males? I.e. the largest gun owning demographic in the nation.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Pearl Jam has always been overrated from within the grunge era, IMHO — however, this is just Vedder's personal megalomaniacal diatribe, who really knows for certain how the rest of the band views gun ownership/gun owners/2A.

Overall, never was real big on them anyway, more of a Soundgarden/Nirvana/Alice In Chains type listener from the Seattle scene.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    Anyone who would want to give up their rights, even if they choose not to exercise them, are mentally unstable.

baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Vedder has always been anti gun. They even have a song...the name escapes me; but it's basically painting gun owners as idiots. It's a pretty old song.

The song is called "Glorified G" from 1993

Supposedly it came about when the drummer mentioned that he bought two guns, which pissed the rest of the band off.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    He does realize the bulk of his fan base are conservative white males? I.e. the largest gun owning demographic in the nation.

I wouldn't bet on that by a long shot. The most passionate Pearl Jam fans that I've known were all neo-hippy chicks.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Meh, Pearl Jam was just another band who couldn't make it after the digital age of music and people didn't have to buy the whole CD to get the one decent song on it any more. Now they're in the bargain bin at Best Buy.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Pearl Jam has always been overrated from within the grunge era, IMHO — however, this is just Vedder's personal megalomaniacal diatribe, who really knows for certain how the rest of the band views gun ownership/gun owners/2A.

I wonder if it has anything to do with a felony drug conviction, resulting in being disqualified from owning firearms???:rolleyes::lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom