• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I know some of you have already experienced this. I just need to rant.

Ordered 3 pounds of LT32 powder from MIDSOUTH.

Our FEDEX driver has been asked by a few of us in the development to deliver late in the day when people are home..

So he tried to deliver the powder today at 11..

Because it's hazardous they won't allow changes to the delivery..so he's going to try again tomorrow...at around the same time...

And again on Friday..I called midsouth and told them if it finds it's way back to them to keep it..

If companies like this know this is an issue and they are losing sales because of it WHY do they insist on using them???

Beware of FEDEX and their stupid policies..

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I been hearing quite a few fedex hazmat horror stories. Personally, I work from home, so I am on top of things with delivery orders, especially hazmats, ammo, etc. from fedex. The times I am on top of things though, the fedex drivers around here just leave it in the front of the door no matter what, no signature required, which I can't complain about I guess.

They make you sign? Last couple hazmat orders ive recieved were left at the door

Apprarently anything hazardous has to be signed for. UPS doesn't have that requirement. I'm OK with the signature bit, what I am NOT happy about is the inability to redirect the delivery to a FEDEX depot or Kinkos location near by so I can take possession of what I ordered. Midsouth wants to charge me shipping and the hazardous materials fee again...

Nope, not happening. I like LT32 for my AR range rounds because it's relatively inexpensive compared to other powders...but not when I have to pay twice for shipping and HMF. I can go down to Clark Brothers in Warrenton on one of my business visits down that way and get IMR3031 or several other powders that will work just fine..

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Apprarently anything hazardous has to be signed for. UPS doesn't have that requirement. I'm OK with the signature bit, what I am NOT happy about is the inability to redirect the delivery to a FEDEX depot or Kinkos location near by so I can take possession of what I ordered. Midsouth wants to charge me shipping and the hazardous materials fee again...

Nope, not happening. I like LT32 for my AR range rounds because it's relatively inexpensive compared to other powders...but not when I have to pay twice for shipping and HMF. I can go down to Clark Brothers in Warrenton on one of my business visits down that way and get IMR3031 or several other powders that will work just fine..

Im thinking its down to the individual driver to leave it and mark it delivered or hold off for a signature. Im fairly certain I have had fed ex leave hazmats at my door within the last yr. I never ordered hazmat online before covid but since have done so atleast a dozen times and ive never signed for any of it even when i have been home and walked up to the driver they just handed me the package and off they went.

Im thinking its down to the individual driver to leave it and mark it delivered or hold off for a signature. Im fairly certain I have had fed ex leave hazmats at my door within the last yr. I never ordered hazmat online before covid but since have done so atleast a dozen times and ive never signed for any of it even when i have been home and walked up to the driver they just handed me the package and off they went.

I've had them hand me the package BUT i've never had them just leave it on the porch. UPS yes, fedex nope. I've had FEDEX require signatures for gun parts as well. Usually build kits or uppers...but none of that is hazardous as is..at my old address I could leave a note on the door with my signature and 1 FEDEX drive would leave it but it wasn't always the same driver and none of the others would do that.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I know some of you have already experienced this. I just need to rant.

Our FEDEX driver has been asked by a few of us in the development to deliver late in the day when people are home..

Because it's hazardous they won't allow changes to the delivery..so he's going to try again tomorrow...at around the same time...

And again on Friday..I called midsouth and told them if it finds it's way back to them to keep it..

If companies like this know this is an issue and they are losing sales because of it WHY do they insist on using them???

Aren't we special? lol... Fedex is supposed to schedule their route for when it is convenient for "You"...smh

Aren't we special? lol... Fedex is supposed to schedule their route for when it is convenient for "You"...smh

Thanks for the useless reply..I've lived here 10 months. The first time this happened to me the neighbors told me that they had requested a delivery time change and FEDEX approved it but the driver refused to change. They are contractors not employees...It's not just for me, there are a dozen or so others that originally asked for the change.

I have my hazmats delivered to my work/shop. They know our hours...

I would love to be able to do that...but my office is in my home and 90% of the time I am on the road. Last time this happened I stayed home to sign for the package and the driver never showed up. Luckily I was able to redirect the delivery to the local Kinkos..They don't allow that for HAZMAT deliveries.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The last couple of times I've ordered powder it has come UPS, and can't remember if it required a signature. Like Guzma393 I work from home so invariably I'm around when things are delivered. I think the last time I got powder I met the UPS driver halfway up the drive and he put the package in my hands.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I know some of you have already experienced this. I just need to rant.

No chance. These guys have a route. Your house falls somewhere on their route. No chance they alter that.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    i have had the same problem with ups and alcohol , they show up at different times from regular. won't change their times . they will at least redirect to a distribution center .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

You know Midsouth offers UPS shipping also. You could have selected that as the option instead…it is $1 extra IIRC. I just used FedEx with them as I knew I’d be home and it was $1 cheaper.

Also even with hazmat I believe FedEx will allow you to hold it and go pick it up at their distribution center. Which is a PITA I know. But I’ve never seen them refuse to hold the package for the customer to pickup.

I’ve never once seen UPS, FedEx or USPS change a delivery time based on a customer request. Change a day, sure. Not sure I can blame MSSS wanting to charge shipping and hazmat twice if it gets sent back to them if you still want it. It isn’t like they messed anything up and FedEx certainly isn’t going to refund them the shipping and hazmat fees because you weren’t available to sign for the delivery. It absolutely does suck. It just isn’t Midsouth’s fault.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I have a drop box I put out when I was expecting powder deliveries. Now I am retired and getting a package is like Christmas.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I won't order from companies that use FedEx ground,, FedEx Express is fine.
    Last 2 signature deliveries from FedEx ground,,, I stayed home and they never delivered,, but the driver updated the computer to show " Attempted delivery, no one home"
    Add to that there is no one to call.
    Yes, companies that choose to use FedEx ground are loosing customers

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Ive had fedex forge my signature and the driver swear to his boss that i signed it. He threw the package in a driveway at the end of the rd and signed my name and left. Another time, they tossed my box of powder out the door into my driveway and drove off. I stopped using them whenever i have a choice

Feb 28, 2013
    Ive had fedex forge my signature and the driver swear to his boss that i signed it. He threw the package in a driveway at the end of the rd and signed my name and left. Another time, they tossed my box of powder out the door into my driveway and drove off. I stopped using them whenever i have a choice
    Ill admit to fakin a siggy here or there to get sumptin off the truck and outta my way, but thats when Im sure I got the right house and I can get to it with the size truck I got

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom