• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    I can't see how it's real... I don't even think there is a provision by which a law can be "delayed" short of a Court action.
    Sounds like misinformation, wishful thinking and anxiety are having a threesome in someone's head.

Maybe someone should have mentioned that to Obama regarding provisions of Obamacare...

What the hell was the OP thinking when he posted this? Please shut it down before others waste their time!

What? shut it down and deny the comics their moment to shine?

Actually, Given the past events (MSP: "we will not enforce the HQL requirement for purchases before 10-1")- I see a definite potential for the administration, or the MSP to do exactly that before tomorrow's hearing. So I am not sure that his question is way out of line.

Last edited:

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I sure hope not - delay will just mean I'll buy more firearms.

I've bought enough already

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I think I may have stumbled across an explanation of how the OP rumor may have started. If you go to Select Fire's web site and scroll down you will see they are selling AR receivers and some regulated long guns they have in inventory until "The end of November". A bit pricy for my taste. However someone seeing the notice could easily misconstrue it.
    http://www.selectfire.com/

I would sure read the law again myself before I did because I thought MD FFL could sell existing inventory but MD residents could not buy regulated long arms after Oct 1st, only receive what was on a PO prior. I could be wrong won't be the first or last time.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    The court case is tomorrow. U. S. District Court Judge Catherine Blake on Friday ordered an emergency hearing for Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 11 a.m. to hear arguments in the case against the state to block Maryland's implementation of the new gun control laws from going into effect.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Is the Law extended until nov1?? Apparently a rumor but changed comment to a question since I typed it as a post of fact.

There is a misunderstanding of facts I heard today that may be the root of this, one of my hunter friends (no handguns type) told me he heard there was a 30 day injunction in Federal Court Thursday, and that you could pickup handguns for another month.

I told him not possible, hearing is tomorrow, suits filed last week, etc, so there was no way it was true.

FireAtWill

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Sep 12, 2013
    Frederick
    I TOLD them it was the Germans that bombed Pearl Harbor...nobody believed me...

It will likely be tough to know what to believe over the next few weeks without really doing some concerted homework and paying close attention to all the jargon and semantics. Yeah...there will be some dumb or 'wishful thinking' questions along the way... Good thing I've never asked one...well...OK...never mind...

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads