• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    Has anyone had any experience (positive or negative) with Del-ton stripped lowers? Quality, fit, finish, etc. Thanks

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Nah, no experience with them. From what I've heard from others, I personally wouldn't buy anything with Del-Tons named on it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    Nah, no experience with them. From what I've heard from others, I personally wouldn't buy anything with Del-Tons named on it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I saw mixed reviews. Some say solid some day junk. I thought mil-spec is mil-spec but obviously I am wrong since there are mixed reviews.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Can't speak for the lower, but the 16 inch pencil barreled upper I had would eat anything I gave it, and the accuracy was spot on.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have a complete Del-ton rifle and have swapped other manufactures uppers onto the lower and vice-versa with no fit problems. As far as quality and finish... It's black, is comparable to similar forged mil-spec lowers (PSA, Spikes, etc). Function wise I have put a couple thousand rounds of cheap steel case Tula through it and every time I squeeze the trigger it goes bang. No complaints here.

jake12

May 18, 2010
    My Delton middy won't eat steel cased and the buffer tube of their upper kit was commercial. I'd honestly go PSA or build a custom.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    One Del-ton complete rifle. Eats steel cased Tula no problem. Another Del-ton middy upper. Fit and finish on both are top notch. Jake12 there's nothing wrong with commercial buffer tubes at all.

ar1131

Jan 31, 2013
    I have a del-ton stripped lower and plan on putting together a complete rifle. I don't plan on using any other del-ton parts (besides the stripped lower). I just want to make sure it is worth building on that lower (safe and reliable). I bought the lower with the theory I would put some money into the other parts as opposed to the stripped lower.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nothing wrong with Del-Ton, they're in the same league as CMMG quality-wise. Some people confuse them with DPMS for some reason.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    I have a DEL-TON A2 kit on a CMMG stripped lower (Thanks Dan!). Easily putting m193 in the 10 ring at 100 yards. Fit and finish on their products is just fine - that is if you can get any these days.

I'd love to have a couple of their stripped lowers.

FireEngineer

Feb 11, 2012
    I have no complaints with my Del Ton. It fires anything I feed it, goes bang every time, accurate, and the fit and finish is good.

Feb 6, 2012
    Never heard anything bad about them, was considering getting one, but that was before I found out I could be tried as an adult, but not purchase the thing's adults are allowed to own. :mad54:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I dont have their lower but their upper has been awesome for me. It took me a long time to consider an AR my go to gun, but 2000 flawless rounds later.......perfect.

There were some hic-ups but they were my fault fiddling with different trigger set-ups. Mess up a small part here or there and your AR becomes a single shot real quick.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I have built a couple rifle kits on my stripped lowers. They work just fine. I still have one. I think the last one I did was 5-6 yrs back so I don't know if things have changed but I have never had a problem.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Under 21 = can't buy an AR lower unless it's 80%, good luck getting one of those right now. Or the lower has a technicality attached, ie HBAR, or other loophole, which is how I get my AR.
    Gotcha. Missed that. Delton does make Hbars tho so technically you could if over 18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom