• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joyd69

Jan 18, 2017
    P.G. County
    I have a 2020 Ram 1500 5.7L I was thinking about replacing the factory system with the Borla Atak. Do anybody has that system on their truck cause I would like to hear the sound of it. I seen the youtube videos not the same.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Looks like a nice system, no experience but highway drone is always a concern for me.

eabiker1

Jun 9, 2022
    Frederick, MD
    Borla does make good systems; a bit expensive, but nice quality. As mentioned above, the highway drone, especially under load can get old quick. With that said, an electronic cut-out is a good solution since you can "turn it on or off" as required. When I got my CTS-V, the first thing I noted was it was too quiet, (well, it is a Cadillac!), so I added the dual remote cutouts. It does sound glorious at WOT, and has a great rumble down low, but I can put it in stealth mode at the press of a button. Cheaper than a full system as well.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Mmm , because I’m a hack and spent more time under rusty trucks repairing pieced together cut up exhaust systems theirs no way I would cut into a decent factory system that was still operable and providing good service.

But then again , I’m pretty boring and stupid at the same time too.
    And, if you have the bread and it makes you happy, have at it.
    Doing what you want and what makes you happy , is more important sometimes.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The only thing you have to worry about with a bolt together is things lining up.

davela

Aug 7, 2022
    Edgewater, MD
    I’ve had Borla exhausts on 4 of my cars over the years- an 87 Mustang GT t-top, a 97 Impreza coupe, an 04 Forester XT, and an STI swapped 02 WRX. For the WRX I had their hush system and man, that was the best sounding 4 cylinder I’ve (to this day) ever heard. Rumbled when cruising but wasn’t over the top. When I opened it up it, along with the 3076R, SCREAMED. It was EWG, so that definitely helped with throatiness, but still. 11/10.

I haven’t had one on a truck but would still recommend Borla.

Atomevolution

Mar 29, 2014
    Always thought Borla produced a nice product for the money. I had a Borla exhaust on a 2003 Infiniti G35. Added just the right note and wasn't overly loud. The system was fairly heavy and appeared to be made of good steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom