• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Am I the only one who has been noticing several members bumping their classified ads every day or three? Unless I haven't been paying attention, this really seems like a new thing with the volume of "bumpers". There are a couple of CZ pistols that seem to be at the top of the classifieds almost every time I check. That isn't the only seller I have been seeing doing this recently, but defiantly the most obvious.
    It might not be a bad idea to require classifieds to be listed for X days before they can be sent back to the top of the classified's forum.

Thought there was already a rule against bumping ads. I read something on here recently from joppaj/Norton about that:

https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/classifieds-policy.23020/page-2
    I would rather gripe here than be the Karen of the classifieds. (I do report illegal ads to admin)
    On a side note, I'm glad they finally cracked down on the member who was constantly posting "New, never fired, bought two weeks ago" guns. How many HiPoint 10mm pistols can a private seller buy and sell (at a loss) before it arises suspicions?

Last edited:

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    I forgot the system controls bumping, the old rule was no bumping, we could always take it every 7 or 10 days, something reasonable. I hate sites that allow every 24 hours you can bump ad rules.

I forgot the system controls bumping, the old rule was no bumping, we could always take it every 7 or 10 days, something reasonable. I hate sites that allow every 24 hours you can bump ad rules.
    We have always had "Price Reduced" bumps by people needing quick cash, but the "Refresh", "Refresh", "Refresh", classifieds seem to be a new thing.
    Folks- please chime in if I'm being a whiner on the forum.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Squaregrouper - you're not a whiner. The persisitent "bumping" is annoying. However, it could turnout nice in a Walmart checkout line depending on how many teeth she has.....................

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    You can bump ads? Dayumn. I have had a barrel and bcg listed for a while. If I only knew haha... I'd still only bump every so often. Every day is more than excessive.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We used to be able to bump ads only after 21 days. I think 7-10 would probably be fine.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm with SG. it has become excessive. 7-10 days would be a good limit if easy to administer.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Does not anyone scroll through the entire listings of the classified ads? Or is it a habit to just fixate on the first page of listings and then leave?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom