• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    According to some, he was driven off by some of the members here.

No idea of the facts in the matter however or if true.

I guess it’s up him to explain.

Or not.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    According to some, he was driven off by some of the members here.

No idea of the facts in the matter however or if true.

I guess it’s up him to explain.

Or not.
    John Joselyn was driven off by the crowd that knows more than anybody about everything.

Jack just sort of backed away while taking his life in a new direction. He still posts here from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    John Jocelyn was driven off by his unwitnessed public accusations about some 2A (read MDS) members intimidating a member of the HPRB by simply attending HPRB meetings.

He never specified names, just broad sweeping generalizations.

He got the info second hand from an ex HPRB member but chose to publicly attack some members of the forum.

No one I know has seen Jocelyn at an HPRB meeting. Ii go to many and never seen him attend.

He never explained or apologize either.

He got the criticism he deserved IMO

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I remember the days of it being unfashionable to dare attend a meeting that is open to the public.

Things that make you go hmmmm...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    When you drop an unwitnessed accusation and then don’t bother to elaborate it’s called a “Drive by”

Just my .02

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    John Joselyn was driven off by the crowd that knows more than anybody about everything.

Jack just sort of backed away while taking his life in a new direction. He still posts here from time to time.

This.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Mr. McCauley and I got into a brief discussion offline about the medical release while we were attending a committee meeting. My fear was that they could use that release to get DNA for a crime investigation unrelated to the purchase of a firearm. Although we disagreed, I found him to be engaging and polite and would back up his opinion with data or facts. Since we had that conversation, the red flag law has been passed. Would be interesting to see if the MSP or other LEA use the signed release for purchase to go into an individuals background in the red flag investigation.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Were you there?

I went to plenty of meetings and didn’t intimidate anyone. Yet John Jocelyn lumped me in with the umcoroborated facts he put up

How do you intimidate anyone sitting in a meeting with MSP in the room?

Rolling your eyes? Shaking your head?

Was Obama intimidated by Alito?

Sam Alito pleads guilty.

Fortunately the MSP snowflake boot lickers are gone.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Were you there?

Not where Straightshooter may have heard or discussed, no.

I agree with Straightshooter comment. Straightshooter's post is pretty identical to what I heard elsewhere from two AGC members I trust, with no axes to grind on either side. Like Welder, I find it believable, especially with the conversation I had. No drama, just is what it is. Many who get chastised for "what do you do for 2A" typically by members with specific means and methods believing it advances the cause are lobbing that at people that greatly support 2A that may disagree with their accusers means and methods as being helpful. Those that hold that conviction are then pretty much characterized disparagingly, post less and very measured.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep No drama and Im not be of those who ask “ what have you done for the cause?”

I simply do what I can and think may help.

My objection is being lumped in with those who alleged engage in the practice.

Important to note you got this third hand and no one who has opined here witnessed anything including the person who made the accusation .

Opinions being like other body parts and all

And the entire discussion is moot since the aforementioned HPRB members no longer serve

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yep No drama and Im not be of those who ask “ what have you done for the cause?”

I simply do what I can and think may help.

My objection is being lumped in with those who alleged engage in the practice.

Important to note you got this third hand and no one who has opined here witnessed anything including the person who made the accusation .

Opinions being like other body parts and all

If you have a link or thread opened by JJ that has you upset can you post?
    I really can't recall anything so caustic as implied. I went to quite a few hearings when they first started up in Resiterstown. I don't recall anything posted personally against me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I’m not upset. It’s done. The thread was started by Jocelyn. Under 2A Maryland. If he wants to expose individuals I have no issue with that.

My issue is being lumped in a general accusation in a public forum that I engaged in behavior that could not even be remotely construed as intimidation. Sitting in a room is not intimidation. Mr. Jocelyn needs to get some specific facts before making sweeping accusations about anyone

At this point it’s not worth my time to find the thread. You are welcome to.

I have my opinion of Mr. Jocelyn and you have yours.

Perhaps he’s sour grapes since getting the boot from AGC

I’ll leave it at that

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ugh, I just spent 10 mins looking through old HPRB threads, hoping to find some nostalgic droppings from the LR, a notorious naysayer.

In March of 2016 we discussing the same ********.... same type of backlog.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Is see this was added

And the entire discussion is moot since the aforementioned HPRB members no longer serve

Which is exactly another reason why that one past incident of reporting some disagree with is still a litmus test on his years of 2A advocacy. Someone posted in another thread JJ's link on MGA Bill tracking. It is indeed a very good one, best I've found. You don't have to like him to use it.. :D

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No one ever said otherwise or addressed his past advocacy for the 2A. The complaint was his public accusatuon with no specifics .

He’s irrelevant now since his departure from AGC.

But I’m sure there is a story about that as well.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Ugh, I just spent 10 mins looking through old HPRB threads, hoping to find some nostalgic droppings from the LR, a notorious naysayer.

In March of 2016 we discussing the same ********.... same type of backlog.

For real , lets see:

Current waits for HPRB have been ~10 months to hearing.
    add two months for order.
    add one month to receive OAH appeal notice.
    add one (worst case 2?) month to OAH hearing date
    add worst case three months for OAH order.

So about a year and a half?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I mailed my request in on 11/28/18. Are you saying I shouldn't be waiting by the mailbox each day?:mdpatriot

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom