• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Doubt that we will see the true answers.

I still voted, mainly to piss them off.

Funny, this "30 seconds survey" ended immediately after I said NO to the first question...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Its designed to filter a "no" response out from the first window.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I voted Yes and the survey continued. They wanted your email in order to count your vote. Just a membership, email gathering scheme.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    1697982589562.png
    They are called everytown for gun safety, but it is misleading by name as it is about banning things. Kind of like it's misleading to call a dude with penis a woman.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    For what it’s worth, these “make you feel like you’re doing something” fake polls are pervasive across all sorts of special interest groups. They aren’t even vaguely interested in gathering opinions, it’s about getting new spam target email addresses and making their existing members feel good when they get the tiny endorphin hit from answering the questions “correctly” in keeping with the agenda.

Groups like the NRA pay firms to handle this stuff for them, too, and it works exactly the same way. Nobody EVER puts a poll online because they actually want opinions. Ever.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    **By providing my email and phone number, I agree to receive emails, as well as communications to the number I provided that may be automatically dialed or prerecorded, from Everytown organizations. I may unsubscribe at any time.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It's data collection not actually a survey.

Xactly.

I did the poll twice from different devices.

If you answer No, it ends immediately. If you answer Yes, you get this second prompt (I picked the 'Not important' answer)

Screenshot_20231022_141013_Firefox.jpg

Then you get the data collection part:

Screenshot_20231022_140959_Firefox.jpg

This is just a way to get more like-minded people on their mailing list and sign up more uninformed NPCs for their protests and public appearances.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Judging based on firearms ownership numbers, Bloomberg has only been successful at flushing money down the toilet. He may have purchased a bunch of politicians and academics, but has he changed the "gun culture" in America or somehow reduced the number of legal firearms in the hands of the unwashed masses. Nope. I give him an F. Go to the back of the class Mr. B.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I voted Yes and the survey continued. They wanted your email in order to count your vote. Just a membership, email gathering scheme.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

This. Information mining of sheeple who are dumb enough to give their (probably not hard-earned) money to David Hogg's tuition fund.

That said, if they are resorting to underhanded tactics like fake surveys to get support and money they must be hurting. Good

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    For what it’s worth, these “make you feel like you’re doing something” fake polls are pervasive across all sorts of special interest groups. They aren’t even vaguely interested in gathering opinions, it’s about getting new spam target email addresses and making their existing members feel good when they get the tiny endorphin hit from answering the questions “correctly” in keeping with the agenda.

Groups like the NRA pay firms to handle this stuff for them, too, and it works exactly the same way. Nobody EVER puts a poll online because they actually want opinions. Ever.
    Do You Eat Candy Corn? ;)
    **By providing my email and phone number, I agree to receive emails, as well as communications to the number I provided that may be automatically dialed or prerecorded, from Everytown organizations. I may unsubscribe at any time.
    When you "unsubscribe," do they delete your e-mail, phone number, and personal information, and also cause everybody who they sold it to and otherwise shared it with to do likewise? lol.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Xactly.

I did the poll twice from different devices.

If you answer No, it ends immediately. If you answer Yes, you get this second prompt (I picked the 'Not important' answer)

View attachment 437156

Then you get the data collection part:

View attachment 437158

This is just a way to get more like-minded people on their mailing list and sign up more uninformed NPCs for their protests and public appearances.
    Hello, My name is Ben Dover...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom