Ever take the Hunter Safety Course and lost your card? Request a new one!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    If you ever took the Hunter Safety Class in MD and lost your card, you can request a new one. Mine only took four days and I took my class in the '80's. I believe you can also request you boater safety.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I remember being told that they lost a number of records from the 80s due to a fire, flood or something like that. From their website:

"Every attempt will be made to issue a replacement card. Course records prior to 1990 are incomplete, which may result in not being able to issue a replacement card. In cases where we have no record of a person taking the course, we cannot issue a replacement card and the course will have to be taken over."

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I recently bought a S. Carolina license. They never asked for a HS verification. I'm exempt in Md.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I got mine in the late 80’s and had to get a replacement card that is dated early 00’s. No way I’d take that class again lol. I’ve sat through enough of them with kids, friends, etc.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I recently found my card from 1977 and my Alabama HS card from when I took my son in 1997.
    Amazing that I haven't lost them somewhere along the way

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    If you ever took the Hunter Safety Class in MD and lost your card, you can request a new one. Mine only took four days and I took my class in the '80's. I believe you can also request you boater safety.

Yeah, I lost mine many years ago but requested a replacement a few years back when applying for my HQL. Only took a couple days and beat the heck out of paying for a training course for something I've been doing my entire life.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    MIght be a good idea for those with Hunter card and Hunting Licenses to make photocopies of the originals or replacements, so that you can have multiples of each in the even of future brain farts of not filing them in a safe place like a license holder with giant safety pin, or in your file cabinet etc.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    IIRC when I first gave a few pounds to the crown for the privilege to harvest a stag, all I had to do was affirm that I either had passed a hunter safety course or had hunted prior to a certain year. 1972 maybe? I had done both and was issued a license with no further ado.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I requested a replacement and it came with a date of '1900'. Now 1) I doubt they HAD hunter safety in 1900, 2) I wasn't born until mid-century so no go. But hey the club I was applying to just needed to see that I had one so...

Of course I was also exempt from the requirement as I had a junior hunting license prior to the mandated date, but I took it anyway.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    IIRC when I first gave a few pounds to the crown for the privilege to harvest a stag, all I had to do was affirm that I either had passed a hunter safety course or had hunted prior to a certain year. 1972 maybe? I had done both and was issued a license with no further ado.

Prior to 1977 .

DNR only has records back ti HS becoming manditory in '77 . Alas my card from '74 is long lost .

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Delaware DNREC has/had records back to at least ‘76. maybe longer, mine was ‘76.

got mine reissued in about ’04 or so. They also let me change the name from my knickname to my real name

so if you’re looking for a replacement from Delaware, dnrec can assist, or at least they did when I needed assistance. Worth a call if you’re in need

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I submitted for my original but I think it was from 1976 or 77

I took it again in the 90’s when my son was 8 or so when he wanted to hunt

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I recently found my card from 1977 and my Alabama HS card from when I took my son in 1997.
    Amazing that I haven't lost them somewhere along the way
    I too took the hunter safety class in 77. I used to carry it in my wallet, and it looks that way too.

capncrnch69

Jan 9, 2018
    Thank you for posting this, I took the hunter safety course in 1978 in a middle school intramural program and lost my card, I followed the provided link and received my digital copy of my card one day after submitting the form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom