• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    i reached into the very back of the ammo stash this afternoon and found quite a bit of this older odd 38 special ammo. Totally forgot I had this stuff! Shot a few boxes this evening, pretty accurate with very very low recoil. It’s a 2 piece case. The base/head is nickel plated brass, with a plastic case. The bullet is 158 grain FMJ semi wadcutter.
    I’m guessing some of you have never seen this type before.
    I’m sure some of the older guys here remember it!
    Anyways, thought some of you would find it amusing.
    C3B9763D-2E44-4D8E-82EB-18FFE6AB0F34.jpeg

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Made an introductory splash once upon a time. A couple ruptured cases didn’t help its future.
    Yep. I did a little research, looks like it lasted just about a year. 1984 from what I’ve seen. Neat concept. Was supposed to be super easy to reload, with preparatory bullets and a preparatory reloading tool.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    was thinking belonged to those found German pistols on that beach until I saw .38

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Usa cartridge. Cool piece of cartridge evolution.

IMG_20230406_202122050.jpg

For the cartridge nerds (like me) out there, this is a competitor to the USAC Brickman pictured above. Amtech. Used a hybrid case but the ass end is aluminum.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Cool! Is that also 38 special? Looks like .357?
    Definitely a 38. I have a handful of them that I kept. I'm a cartridge geek. I have a large collection of old stuff. Going way back to rimfire, even some pinfire and other dead ends of evolution.

Got some exotic, old, 357 mag rounds but I'm not putting pics of them up. Any of the "old timers" who knew a lot about 357 during the last days of wheel gun supremacy probably know what I mean.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Definitely a 38. I have a handful of them that I kept. I'm a cartridge geek. I have a large collection of old stuff. Going way back to rimfire, even some pinfire and other dead ends of evolution.

Got some exotic, old, 357 mag rounds but I'm not putting pics of them up. Any of the "old timers" who knew a lot about 357 during the last days of wheel gun supremacy probably know what I mean.
    Neat! I’ve accumulated some odd and old ammo over the years as well, but I don’t consider myself a collector of those types of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom