• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    Its been a very long time since I posted due to work/school. Just bought an eotech and magnifier for my AR and I'm wondering on the setup and options. Would be great to see some pics of setups of how its being done here. I have a couple options of BUIS including MBUS and a DPMS fixed. What is the best way and place to configure them. Thanks in advance

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Here's mine:

384915087.jpg

384915095.jpg

384915098.jpg

Jamie

UNCLE WAWA

May 16, 2005
    FREDNECK,MD
    3 important things to remember ;)

1 don't mount it backwards :lol2:

2 make sure you use a flip up mount to get the magnifier out of the way fast for cqb

3 make sure both mounts and sights line up correctly or you wont get a good picture.

SAD but I know this all from experience :innocent0

Cetmeman

Jun 2, 2008
    Parkville
    Thanks all for the great pics and advice. I think the MBUS will be better to use because I want to get the eotech further to the rear. I feel like its going to mount to far forward.

ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    I could realllly use some advice then..
    I've got an EoTech XPS-2 sight, and I finally got a G23.FTS magnifier.

The problem is, when I use the included riser, the magnifier is showing me the top part of the XPS2 frame. You know that sort of, top square within the larger square of the top frame?

When I do NOT use the riser, even with the magnifier on the lowest elevation adjustment, the sight is still shooting 2 inches high at 50 yards (where I'm trying to sight into). I presume this is because the magnifier might not be inline with the optic.

I was going to look for a 5mm riser instead of a 7mm riser, but will have to do some machining to get it to fit into the EoTech magnifier's rail.

Am I completely overlooking something? Will take a pic and send if that helps.. Right now, I'm just staring at the EoTech mag, and the Eotech sight, and figuring I dropped a grand on them, and they don't seem compatible with each other.. Argh.. What's the argh emoticon anyway?

Side Argh -> the magnifier without the riser butts into my magpul MBUS cause of the rubber ring going around the outside of the magnifier. I'm not eager to shave the rubber off the outer ring, but if I can find a way to sight the two in together without the riser I will.

terryc1171

Lifer
    Apr 15, 2010
    Baltimore
    i have a brand new reflex set i bought and don't care for its a Meprolight optic and magnifier if anyone is interested i paid 1050.00 im only asking 400.00 and vie never shot a round with it mounted. i just like the redot battery operated

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Also,

If the Eotech reticle is not centered on the magnifier, adjust the magnifier's X/Y axis screws, not the Eotech.

Aimpoint and Burris tripler have these adjustments. I'm not sure about other brands.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Not an AR either, but if you have flat-top it's the same setup - EOTech 557.g23fts:

001a.jpg

I removed the rear BUIS to move the holo back and help w/ the reciprocating handle knucke-tearouts but with an AR you shouldn't have that problem.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    Ok I'm new to this so someone school me. Why choose this setup/what kind of range are you shooting these?

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    This kind of combo offers a quick transition from a 1X holographic sight for easy both-eyes-open target acquisition at short ranges to a magnified sight that can take you to accurately to 300+yards. It is also a fairly compact setup. If I move the gear a few rails forward and mount the rear BUIS back on it can co-witness my BUIS as well, in case your batteries run out while zombies still abound.
    Here's how it looks thru the scope:

031-crop.jpg

I shoot mainly at AGC in Marriottsville (50-200yd), but have used this setup up to 300 yds at Delmarva during the MDS Fall Shoot.

ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    Also,

If the Eotech reticle is not centered on the magnifier, adjust the magnifier's X/Y axis screws, not the Eotech.

I did. I'm at the maximum down adjustment, and I still can't get the round lower than 3 inches above point of impact. Ha, assuming you weren't just giving advice on the setup in general. To not hijack, I'll post a new thread. But would appreciate any thoughts. Love the xps2, but need a mag that works. Ironically, that doesn't seem to be the g23.fts

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I did. I'm at the maximum down adjustment, and I still can't get the round lower than 3 inches above point of impact. Ha, assuming you weren't just giving advice on the setup in general. To not hijack, I'll post a new thread. But would appreciate any thoughts. Love the xps2, but need a mag that works. Ironically, that doesn't seem to be the g23.fts

ecuguru, if I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that your round is not hitting your POI on the reticle. Have you zeroed in your XPS without the magnifier? The location of your reticle in your magnifier should not affect POI beyond 22 yards, as the literature says it's parallax free past that. You an also try a riser for your XPS

If I misunderstood you I apologize and please ignore my ramblings :)

ecuguru

Jan 17, 2011
    That is correct.
    U got it, and thanks for the reply.

My xps without the magnifier is good To go on 25 yards dead center. it alsO coreferences with my front sight perfectly.
    My xps with magnifier shoots three inches high routinely. And I've turned the magnifier's adjustment to the lowest impact point possible.

I'm going to try moving the mag back a click on the rail (.25 or .5 inch?) and see if that helps. I've got it right up on the sight right now.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    The adjustments on the magnifier are not to adjust point of impact, but rather to adjust the apparent location of your holographic reticle on the magnifier.

When you can, take a pic through the magnifier and your XPS, then take one without the magnifier from the same spot and post them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom