• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I don't get why people are so attached to these things considering the Manufacturer STILL has not resolved the issues to this day.

I knew these things were problematic LONG before this lawsuit. I would post here on on other boards about my experiences, and in every instance people got insulted when the problems were discussed. Even the old ones that they say don't have excessive thermal drift had battery issues and adjustment issues.

Oh, you don't have a problem? I guess I should tell all of the customers who did. That will clear everything right up for the guys with the defective optic.

Some people have to learn the hard way.

FYI: Im not a L3 hater. I own a PVS-14 Gen3 WP Night Vision Device that uses a L3 White Phosphor Tube.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have one(one of their earlier​ AA models). Never had a problem with it.

I don't recommend them to people. That would be stupid. I have another one that I rarely use. I should send it back (if I still can?), I guess.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I had an old military surplus 553 that popped an internal objective after a range session (on an AR, shooting 5.56). I had thrown it in a drawer, especially as it was second hand, and there were later rumors that these shouldn't have been sold to the public. When the return offer was first publicized (in early 2016? there's an MDS thread on the topic), I decided to send it in as I had nothing to lose. I didn't have a price receipt from my original purchase, so I put down what my best recollection was (and told them this). It might have taken two months or more (again, find the old thread - many people were updating experiences), but they reimbursed me the price that I put down plus a little extra to cover shipping expenses.

Iirc, there was a webform to complete in the past, and they would send an approval and other info before one sent the item in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I had an old military surplus 553 that popped an internal objective after a range session (on an AR, shooting 5.56). I had thrown it in a drawer, especially as it was second hand, and there were later rumors that these shouldn't have been sold to the public. When the return offer was first publicized (in early 2016? there's an MDS thread on the topic), I decided to send it in as I had nothing to lose. I didn't have a price receipt from my original purchase, so I put down what my best recollection was (and told them this). It might have taken two months or more (again, find the old thread - many people were updating experiences), but they reimbursed me the price that I put down plus a little extra to cover shipping expenses.

Iirc, there was a webform to complete in the past, and they would send an approval and other info before one sent the item in.

Well that answerd my question about whether i could safely send in my milsurp su231. I thought i had read somewhere that somebody had sent one in to eotechfor repair and eotech kept it because it was milsurp and should not have been sold.

At this point though, I'm not sure i want to send it to the law firm. Sounds like they will sit on it for a long time.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Well that answerd my question about whether i could safely send in my milsurp su231. I thought i had read somewhere that somebody had sent one in to eotechfor repair and eotech kept it because it was milsurp and should not have been sold.

At this point though, I'm not sure i want to send it to the law firm. Sounds like they will sit on it for a long time.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well if you have a tracking number with delivery confirmation and insurance; possibly it'll be safe while in their hands.

I'm not sure how this law firm is interfacing with EOTech for the remaining HWS's that they seem to be soliciting from current owners.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Sitting on a bench in the sun or being stored or transported in a hot or cold trunk can cause significant drift.

Sadly, I have seen better zero retention from some chinese clones than the real deal.

It goes from my Room Temperature gun safe to my backyard and back again.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I am going to (most likely) send mine in.. in a couple of weeks, maybe sooner. I already have it off of my AR and have it in a shipping box. I'd be expecting $499.99 from it's current model/year of manufacture refunded...

Went ahead and ordered this el cheapo sight from Amazon. Am curious to see how well these hold up. There's a ton of them out there... from China and who knows where else... and the reviews for most of them are actually pretty favorable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LKYY1SG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just received this email from Fostersettlement.com

They're providing a little more detail now regarding the shipment and safekeeping of the EOTech HWS:

Please note that, unless you participated in the EOTech refund program, you must submit a Claim Form to receive benefits. If you do nothing and did not participate in the previous refund program, you will not receive benefits from the Settlement. If you do nothing, you will still be considered a Class Member, but you will not be able to sue Defendant about the issues in the lawsuit. You cannot submit claim forms on behalf of other Class Members. Please be advised that it is essential that you submit a claim for all your scopes individually. Claim Forms are available online at www.FosterSettlement.com, or by calling 1-844-702-2787. You may submit your Claim Form online, or you may complete your form and then submit it by U.S. mail or e-mail at the addresses listed below: Online: www.FosterSettlement.com By U.S. Mail: Foster, et al v. L-3 Communications EOTech, Inc. c/o Heffler Claims Group P.O. Box 60255 Philadelphia, PA 19102-0255 You can email us at anytime to know the status of your claim. The scopes are kept with us in our facility during the time of the settlement. We can assure you your scope won't be mishandled. It is preferred that the HWS is sent shortly after claim is submitted. You may ship multiple HWS in one box, but be sure to have included a COPY of each HWS’s claim form. If your claim is denied for any reason, the assumption (depending on court order) is that your “HWS” will be shipped back to you.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Welp... I did it. I just mailed my EOTech 512 to the Heffler Claims group for a refund. Hopefully I'll hear something about it this summer.

:innocent0

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Welp... I did it. I just mailed my EOTech 512 to the Heffler Claims group for a refund. Hopefully I'll hear something about it this summer.

:innocent0

nice :thumbsup:

I switched to the Trijicon MRO after I got my refund, you should check them out.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I spoke to a rep from the law firm last week. I initially the said the SU-231 was not eligible, but I explained to them that even Eotech referred to the SU-231 as the military designation for the 553 in some of its literature. They told me to go ahead and send it in along with a copy of the Eotech literature.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I thought the fine print said not to expect any refunds until this and any subsequent appeals were settled?

I believe he got his refund directly from EOTech themselves after their voluntary refund program (which has since been closed). This second round or refunds involves the completion of the lawsuit.

I figured that since I wasn't using mine... I may as well send it in anyway... before I couldn't.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Went ahead and ordered this el cheapo sight from Amazon. Am curious to see how well these hold up. There's a ton of them out there... from China and who knows where else... and the reviews for most of them are actually pretty favorable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LKYY1SG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    tactical-combo-rifle-scope-4-12x50eg-dual.jpg

y69qRO.gif

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Wow. That's quite the unit. :)

Yep. I'm happy with it. Though it's a little unnerving that the Chinese are making quality weapons sights.

For $100.00 you can't go wrong :D I wouldn't want to walk in front of it downrange :innocent0

Here's pic of it mounted....

bf5avd.jpg

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    but will it hold zero for more than 2 rds?

I'm going to find out :D There's a 12 month warranty on it... it'll fit the bill for now until I get a refund for my EOTech 512 and ply that into a better sight or scope.

At any rate... it looks cool. AR15 = Grown man's Barbie

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yep. I'm happy with it. Though it's a little unnerving that the Chinese are making quality weapons sights.

For $100.00 you can't go wrong :D I wouldn't want to walk in front of it downrange :innocent0

Here's pic of it mounted....

bf5avd.jpg
    Lol, how many targets at once can you engage with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom