• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 7, 2014
    Ok I know it's an airsoft sight but anyone try this on an AR?
    I am building a pistol and def not spending $300 on a sight for toy. Watched a few vids on YouTube and it looks decent. Anyone tried it???

http://www.c3airsoft.com/showthread.php/law-enforcement-military-use-22617.html?t=22617

Last edited:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    there are lots of low cost red dot optics that will hild to to use on a real firearm. vortex has several, as does primary arms. im partial to the primary arms micro dot.

the eotech is great, if you need it for what its designed for, a wide field of view when using a $3500 pvs14 night vision monocular behind it. as just a red dot optic, its too large, too heavy, and just kinda meh.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Spend a lil more and get a Vortex Strikefire or one of the Primary Arms sights. With the exception of a BSA RDS I own that refuses to die and still functions like a champ, my general experience with <$50 sights is you get what you pay for.

Mar 7, 2014
    Spend a lil more and get a Vortex Strikefire or one of the Primary Arms sights. With the exception of a BSA RDS I own that refuses to die and still functions like a champ, my general experience with <$50 sights is you get what you pay for.
    Thanks a lot! Been looking at the Lucid HD7. Haven't seen a downside, anyone?

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I second the opinion on the vortex strike fire. One hell of a nice red dot for the money. You still get starbursting of the red dot as with ALL cheaper red dots but it is a lot lesser in intensity.

I have bought a clone aimpoint to throw on my sons .22 plinker pistol and it is fine for what he uses it for but simply put the dressing on the outside is probably the most well done part of the sight.

It is the same as buying a porsche body and throwing it on a volkswagon engine and frame. Sure they look the same but I hope you won't think they perform anywhere near equivalent.

I have trouble spending money on optics as well but they say your optics should rival the cost of the firearm.

I rarely do this and go cheaper on the optics.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Those clones are complete garbage. Look for the YouTube videos with critical reviews of them, by people who know what to look for and make the effort to do a proper comparison with quality alternatives. Buy something along the lines of a Primary Arms red dot (micro or full size) or Bushnell TRS-25.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    A couple of years ago I bought a sight that was to "Just Like" an Eotech ready to mount on AR or Airsoft. I sighted it in using co-witness irons to get me on. The first 2 minutes of real fire from my M4, the sight died as if the electrical contacts had broken inside, I ripped it off the rifle and ran the rest of the day with irons, did pretty good. Chris

Mar 7, 2014
    Thanks for the info guys. Really liking the lucid, I like that it has multiple reticles.
    Nick shut it, where's my pressure washer? Lol

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I have a clone and it has held up nicely on my ar15. ad a matter of fact its that very one I didnt pay much for it figured why not planned on using on my airsoft but thought why not see if it holds up on my ar.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    My experience is you get what you pay for. I have several red dots. The most expensive (MTAC / EOTECH) are the best with the rest ranging from decent to junk mostly in order of price.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Those clones are complete garbage. Look for the YouTube videos with critical reviews of them, by people who know what to look for and make the effort to do a proper comparison with quality alternatives. Buy something along the lines of a Primary Arms red dot (micro or full size) or Bushnell TRS-25.

This. IIRC I got a Bushnell for around 100 bucks; not an Aimpoint or Eotech but for what it does for the price point I like it.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Being on a fixed income has made me more frugal but I still try to get the most quality for the buck.

A couple of Sightmark Ultra Shot reflex sights have proven themselves to be reliable on my builds. Demand has caused prices to increase and they start around $120 on sale now, but still a great value.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    It sounds. like you want the "milspec" look without paying for an EOTech or an ACOG.

I had a lucid HD7. there are better sights for the same money. That said, it is not a bad sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom