• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I just got home from my Engage Pistol Class.
    It was a beginners class that I did not expect much from. It was more than I expected.
    The instruction team was professional, without being dry and boring.
    We covered the basics, from the diagram of a pistol to proper handling, storage and transporting. Pistol _VS_ Revolver nomenclature, loading, unloading and firing procedures. Various stances were covered and demonstrated. The proper grip on the pistol was demonstrated and critiqued along with the draw from holster.
    We worked from a Power Point slide show with Airsoft props and eventually used our personal firearms under the direct supervision of the team.
    Live fire was handled under the direct supervision of the team, only loading when instructed then firing to an empty gun and showing clear. All live fire drills were first demonstrated by our instructor, giving us a clear picture of what was expected of us and what kind of results were possible.
    Our instructor had a close eye on your grip, stance and trigger control, critiquing after you shot your string. Explaining why the groups on target looked like they did and what could be done to improve them. We eventually got to draw from the holster and fire.
    To finish up we got a quick lesson on field stripping and cleaning your firearm.
    Like I said, I think this was a lot for a beginners class. While I have not taken any other professional classes, I was expecting more along the lines of watching the MSP movie you had to watch to buy a pistol.
    I do believe that this would be a good class for anyone, regardless of experience. While the beginner will benefit the greatest, there is something here for all but the most savvy shooter to benefit from.
    Thank you again for a good learning experience

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    Again sir, it was a learning experience for the both of us. I learned a lot from you in what teaching style worked and what I need to work on as an instructor for both class room and range instruction. I appreciate you and Dave coming out and hope you have learned something! Thanks again!:party29:

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    great post stoked to attend this class still have holsters to buy and to sign up.

i was worried about taking the basic class, but planned to anyway as the 'ol lady wants to take it and she would feel better doing it together. look foward to the critiqeing part inparticular; you can read and watch all you want, but a trained profesional is the level i am looking for to tell me good or bad.

john

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    I will do my best to teach you the basics with a little more. I promise my final product will blow away your expectations. Looking forward to teaching you!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    ANYONE who is looking to attend this course will be pleasantly surprised. I learned the basics of pistol shooting when I joined the Army. Today, AJ taught me how to properly Engage, while shooting & handling a pistol. I will certainly be looking forward to attending other courses.
    Thanks again!

Engage Instructor

Industry Partner
    Oct 27, 2011
    The pricing is subject to change for the fully functional course. The shooters that attended the course this weekend did so for free. The course over the weekend was intended to test my instructional capability towards shooters that have no idea which end the bullet comes out of the pistol! Now the price may go up or stay the same but we are working out a way of making it more attractive with package pricing to save the customer and our company some money! In the middle of January, or sooner, we will have all the set information for the pistol class. Looking forward to all who are interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom