• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    what muzzle device is on there?

What Andy said.

The gas port is drilled offset, and the gas block is basically mounted near the muzzle. There is a cap that threads onto the muzzle, and the muzzle device threads onto the gas block. It's very similar to an AK-74 type muzzle.

VLTOR makes some crazy, badass stuff!

Precision Firearms had one of these things at the Chantilly show, I was wondering how they'd sell it as I've only seen one of these uppera, and it's in this thread. :D

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    We actually got that from Vltor quite some time ago but it doesnt appear on their website. I'll ask around and see if I can get an answer

What Andy said.

The gas port is drilled offset, and the gas block is basically mounted near the muzzle. There is a cap that threads onto the muzzle, and the muzzle device threads onto the gas block. It's very similar to an AK-74 type muzzle.

VLTOR makes some crazy, badass stuff!

Precision Firearms had one of these things at the Chantilly show, I was wondering how they'd sell it as I've only seen one of these uppera, and it's in this thread. :D

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Thanks for both the replies. It looks and sounds like a very interesting muzzle device. Thanks for explaining it...I couldn't find much about it on google.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Any updates on this?

Negative. Next handgun roster board is in September so then we'll see if it gets approved. Going by the fact the Sig P556 and the LWRC PSD are on the list I would say we should be fine but its my understanding there have been some changes on the board. We'll see.

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    You can build your own AR pistol in MD, but cant sell it from what I have been told.

Im not sure why anyone would submit to a board of loons, in this environment, on the eve of Oct 1, a firearm that cleary will give those retards nightmares.

Makes no sense.

On another note, nice pistol ;)

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    You can build your own AR pistol in MD, but cant sell it from what I have been told.

Im not sure why anyone would submit to a board of loons, in this environment, on the eve of Oct 1, a firearm that cleary will give those retards nightmares.

Makes no sense.

On another note, nice pistol ;)

The make up of the roster board at present is "pro gun". That will change very shortly. Its now or never.

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    The make up of the roster board at present is "pro gun". That will change very shortly. Its now or never.

I hear you, but shedding light on something that already legal to own in MD just to get your company name on the roster list. I dont know, you may end up spoiling it for everyone. I'm sure that if the make up of the board changes like you said, they will go after that AR pistol first.

Hopefully you dont ruin it for everyone else.

I wish you luck :thumbsup:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I hear you, but shedding light on something that already legal to own in MD just to get your company name on the roster list. I dont know, you may end up spoiling it for everyone. I'm sure that if the make up of the board changes like you said, they will go after that AR pistol first.

Hopefully you dont ruin it for everyone else.

I wish you luck :thumbsup:

y9y6amu3.jpg

Are you kidding? How is getting a handgun approved or not approved by the roster board going to "ruin it for everyone else"?

This only applies to pistols that can be SOLD and has nothing to do with what you build at home. Chill out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    Maybe Im over thinking it, but just seems like bad timing to me is all.

Im sure most on that board have never heard of a AR pistol.

I guess I shouldnt really care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom