• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    So, I recently picked up an Enfield No. 2 Mk 1* and a M57. Unrelated I know, but what can you do. The M57 seems fine, nice example, good finish left and all that. Pretty standard. The Enfield has a problem. They were gunshow buys and the dealer had put a zip through the cylinder. The zip is now stuck and I cant break open the revolver. Its seems to have worked its way in between the extractor and two chambers and its all locked up. and as you can tell from the pictures I have broken it down to a nub trying to get it out. Any advice? Did I miss something on how to open this revolver?

Attachments

• DSC_2229.JPG
      DSC_2229.JPG
      80.3 KB · Views: 187
    • DSC_2234.JPG
      DSC_2234.JPG
      72.2 KB · Views: 187

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Take out the pivot screw, it's cut so you can use a coin. The pistol will then come apart. You will need to open the latch too. It's been a while since I took mine apart but it should work.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    Thanks for the suggestions I will have to give it a try, if I take out the pivot screw do you mean then open the latch by the hammer that would open the revolver?

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Ok, you need to take the screws out of both sides where the barrel and cylinder pivot. Then push out the pin that the screws thread into. Open the latch and lower the barrel/cylinder like you are opening it to load or extract spent cartridges. I just tried it with mine and it worked. Good luck!

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Mine was also fairly tight. I threaded one of the screws in partially and tapped it. I suspect yours is under tension from the wedged-in plastic tie and even tighter. You could use a brass rod or something the aproximate diameter of the pin and tap it with a hammer to push out the pin. Be careful not to mess up the threads.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    Try taking the screw out that holds the barrel latch and remove the latch. The barrel latch on mine is extremely tight and requires a lot of force to fully unlatch the barrel/cylinder. There isn't anything besides the pivot pin and the latch holding the frame and barrel/cylinder assemblies together.

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    Ok I finally got it!, Thanks for the help, that barrel latch is extremely tight and the grips kinda get in the way, both when using it and when taking it apart. But the offending piece of zip tie is out and now she works like the Brits intended. I can see why the tankers might not have been totally thrilled about it though.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I'm glad you got it fixed! They're kind of fun to shoot once you get used to the double action only trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom