• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    well a friend wants to go up to Elk neck this weekend .
    What kind of nonsense will I look forward to with a 1300 arrival time on Saturday

Nov 23, 2010
    standard goat rope.
    i have had more than one experience of a person leaving a round in a hot chamber, yelling clear and walking down range.
    there are plenty of nice people who go and shoot there, but there are also a considerable size of people who dont belong

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    ENSF posted up that Elk Neck Sate Forest was closing Friday at dusk and would remain closed until everything was checked out. No word yet from Shawn, but they probably have alot of cleanup to do. You might want to call the park office on Friday to see if its reopened if Shawn hasn't posted back up here by then. I know alot of trees went down around here so the forest road may be closed for a bit. Hopefully the damage is minimal and it will reopen soon.

The official press release.

Elk Neck State Forest To Close In Advance Of Hurricane Irene

North East, Md. (August 26, 2011) — The Maryland Forest Service will close all facilities and day use areas of Elk Neck State Forest at sunset on August 26. This includes all shooting ranges and the areas encompassing all tracts of the forest.

This action is being taken to ensure public safety based upon the latest forecast and anticipated path of Hurricane Irene. Forest Service staff will review conditions during the storm and a decision on whether to reopen the forest and facilities will be made on Monday, August 29.

The forest will not reopen until conditions are determined to be safe for visitors and damage assessments are completed. Questions, comments or concerns should be directed to (410) 287-5675.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    If they are open which I haven't seen him post otherwise, try around 10 or 11. Pray the honkey tonks don't beat you down there. It's unfortunate that I still can't bring my son down to just look and see...

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    It's unfortunate that I still can't bring my son down to just look and see...

Why can't you? Are you scared? I was there once 13 or 14 years ago and just imagine what it was
    like back then.........

2 or 3 other people there on a summer afternoon weekend. LOL :D

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Elk Neck Ranges are open again as of this morning at 0800 AM.

Looks good down there. No standing water or ruts at the bottom.

For those with concerns about going, be patient, take your time and go the extra mile to be sure its safe for yourself and others. I have gotten used to walking the line and giving a visual of the firearms before heading down. A "hey thats a nice rifle" will get you a closer look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom