• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ENSF

Nov 22, 2008
    Thanks for the offers of assistance. We will be hiring a contrator to replace the baffle in the near future. We are changing some design points and materials in an effort to increase longevitiy.

walstib

Jul 4, 2010
    havre de grace
    elk neck range

i am sorry to here about the incident elk neck is my local outdoor range.it is a great place for family and new shooters.98% of the people i've met there are freindly.i would be interested in a ''support elk neck range day''. :cool:

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    I noticed a sign up at the range regarding no use of Tracer ammo or tannerite type exploding targets. I know you weren't going to discuss the cause of the fire, however, if this were the actual cause of the fire, wouldn't it be worth telling/warning people that?

I imagine shooting tracer rounds is probably more common now that it seems to be all that's left of the .223/5.56 ammunition.

whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    I noticed a sign up at the range regarding no use of Tracer ammo or tannerite type exploding targets. I know you weren't going to discuss the cause of the fire, however, if this were the actual cause of the fire, wouldn't it be worth telling/warning people that?

I imagine shooting tracer rounds is probably more common now that it seems to be all that's left of the .223/5.56 ammunition.

Without witnesses, you'll never show for sure. The sign update was just putting common sense on paper.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    hey Tindraz, we must be neighbors! :)
    I was actually up at ENSF about a week ago, and I didnt even notice it had been replaced! Shows ya how observant to the surroundings I was.. well, I DID notice the traded tracks or something in the dirt between the uprights...

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Just to clarify, the range is repaired now and can be used?

I was planning on heading up there this weekend to sight in my new scope on the AR and possible shoot some pistols. How busy is it Saturday mornings? The last time I was at Elk Neck was about 13 years ago, so I'm sure things have changed.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    We were up there last week and it was open... I would hazard a guess that weekends it will be the most packed..

Sunday afternoons aren't too bad, there isn't a wait to get a table. Saturday two weekends ago I waited 45 mins. Weather plays a big part of that too, it was sunny and 60, so lots of folks at the range.

I have a yearly range pass so I'm there several times a month with my sons. The last baffle is still missing, but there is work going on to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom