• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I found the Lapua results from 2018 (hadn’t looked at them since) and was struck by how wide the results were in my daughters rifle (walther kk500).

The lot we chose held a thumbnail sized group at 100m for 10 shots and other lots looked like a shotgun pattern…. Whilst in college, some of her team mates shot Lapua, others shot Eley - all depended on what their rifles liked the best.

All that to say - each rifle is an independent beast and what other rifles like, your rifle may hate.

I’ll post up some screen grabs of the results

Also - Lapua has a test range now at Cardinal shooting center just north of Columbus OH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    You will pay a premium for it, but there is a gun shop in Gretna VA that has different lots of competition 22 ammo and a range. That's the only place I am aware that is somewhat local that has match 22 ammo.

Tbh, you are better off ordering online a few bricks of different stuff. I order from champions choice (you have to call in) and also Killough Shooting sports. Once you find the ammo your gun likes, buy a case and just run it until you have one to two bricks left then start again.

The faster way is to go to the Lapua test center and do the testing if you can get a slot, but I have had better luck just getting Eley match lately.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've had really good luck with Eley Match Biathalon ammo. I think I got some from Target Sports and it arrived in about 3 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom