Electronic fingerprints for Form 1s and concealed carry permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right section, but I'm wondering if I can have one set of electronic fingerprints that'll serve for efiling form 1s and, eventually, for applying for a concealed carry permit? The form 1s are a priority right now and the carry permit when finances are a little better. Is there a type of scan that can be used for both? Is there a set time between having your fingers scanned and applying for a carry permit? Does it have to be done at a specific place/location? Should I just get a set of fingerprints now for the Form 1s and worry about the concealed carry permit later?

For those who've been there and done that, what do you recommend?

Feel free to recommend locations that do the scanning, especially if they're not too far from Germantown.

Thanks in advance and a safe weekend to all!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nope, those have to be separate things. You can do the Form 1 prints at a Silencer Shop kiosk if you happen to be doing business with them, via one of the local shops that supports their system (United and Engage, I believe, shouldn't be much of a schlep from Germantown).

The prints for your wear & carry permit have to be done just for that purpose. Lots of vendors out there. American Identity has shops in Bethesda, Rockville and (ready?) in Germantown! Appointment only, and don't bother until you close in on taking your class:

The good news is, if you don't already have an HQL (a process that ALSO for most people requires a dedicated fingerprinting visit), if you get your W&C, you can apply for the HQL at no charge and without another round of prints.

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Thank you for the lightning fast reply! Unfortunately, I'm not doing business with the Silencer Shop any time soon. Engage is convenient, and I can look up where United is (is that the place that used to be in Kensington?), and call both to ask if they can take the prints even if I'm not buying anything else. I have an HQL, believe I got it on the first week, and it's about to expire.

SBR specific question, under caliber in the Form 1, will entering "multiple" or listing a bunch of calibers that would work in an AR-15 receiver, even if the lower is stamped "multiple" or "5.56" further delay or jeopardize the application?

Thanks again and have a good evening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom