• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Anyone heard if it's going to have guns or just ammo? Since it's going to be a super-duper-extra-walmart walmart I have high hopes.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    not sure I guess we will find out on the 21st. I was at the old walmart up the street today and the first section to be dismantled was the firearms section.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I can deal without firearms at the new Walmart as long as there is not a bus turnaround as the rumors have it.

Oh damn, no. First I heard of that. What's your source?

I have worried about such a big store in a town with only two-lane roads connecting to the Outside World.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'd like to know how they decide which stores get guns.
    Seems weird that a little store like Hampstead would have guns and Eldersburg wouldn't.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Hampstead is beyond the Redneck Line.

Unfortunately, Eldersburg is the Liberal Zone of Maryland's most conservative county (most Republican, anyway: not the same).

There used to be guns at the Eldersburg store. It's a business decision, and I'm fine with that. I would not buy a gun there anyway, if only because of their brainlessly stupid policy of treating their customers like dangerous threats.

I just hope we don't get mass transit connecting us to civilization. That's what killed Owings Mills Mall.

Is it too late to move?

I'm not sure what is going in at the old location, but I believe I read something about a month ago where they changed the zoning so that multiple commercial businesses can be put there. I don't know if that means the are going to demo and put up a strip mall or if that is just to help sell it or what.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The owners of the old Carrolltowne Mall own the big field next to the old Walmart. A few years ago, they had plans to build an upscale shopping center there. Remember that?

I guess they remembered this is Carroll, and went for the new Walmart based center instead.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The owners of the old Carrolltowne Mall own the big field next to the old Walmart. A few years ago, they had plans to build an upscale shopping center there. Remember that?

I guess they remembered this is Carroll, and went for the new Walmart based center instead.

I remember that, but I thought that the economic downturn in 07/08 was what killed those plans. Around that same time there were strong rumors that Target was going to build a store here as well (my wife knew a couple of the managers at the Westminster Target)... that also went out the window.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    not sure I guess we will find out on the 21st. I was at the old walmart up the street today and the first section to be dismantled was the firearms section.

Actually the Subway (if that counts) and large electronics went first. I was in there a couple of days ago and all the TVs were gone... the back wall looked strange with nothing hanging on it. The sporting goods section was still intact then. Today I was back and it was a ghost town back in that corner... nothing left, except the ammo. It was so odd looking I took a picture, lol.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    I read that the old Walmart will be home to a bunch of small stores. The article described that they were going to break up the store into various sized spaces for small retailers. I think this was in the Carroll County Times. Not certain, I may be wrong. Nevertheless, it's a stupid idea unless the Amish are coming. A whole lot of folks will walk in the first few weeks to see what there is and then never return because they'll find flee market like businesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom