• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Overall, I liked Mr. Ehrlich. I didn't agree with him on all of the issues, I've yet to find a politician that I do, but I would vote for him again. I think he has a good chance, but I wonder if a fresh face representing the R would do even better and be a shoe-in?

MH

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    How about this for a solution to MOM, we ALL change our party affiliation to Democrat, SH** did I just say that? Vote for whomever is running against MOM in the primary and then vote your mind in Novemeber. This would only work if someone were to run against MOM in the primary.

Just spitballing

NOBODY

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    How about this for a solution to MOM, we ALL change our party affiliation to Democrat, SH** did I just say that? Vote for whomever is running against MOM in the primary and then vote your mind in Novemeber. This would only work if someone were to run against MOM in the primary.

Just spitballing

NOBODY

Rush's Operation Chaos all over again?

Not bad...

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    From Bob Ehrlich's Facebook page:
    Are you ready to take back Maryland? I will formally kick off my campaign for Governor next week. It's time for new ideas and proven leadership in Annapolis. Our economy and our families can afford no less. Click "News" on my Facebook page for details about next week's kick off.

He's in!

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    All that Ehrlich had to do to give us "Shall Issue" is to order the MSP to accept any request that has a "good and substantial reason" as "To protect myself and my family from the lawless thugs that are runing wild in the State of Maryland".

That's all it would take. No legislative action needed by anyone anywhere through any committee. As Governor, he has that authority. And, as Governor, he has the authority to instantly replace the MSP Superintendant if that person would not support his position on that. He knew this when he was Governor before and he did nothing for us at all during his term.

I would only vote for him if my other choice is another term of Chairman O'Malley.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    No, he can't mandate, but the commandant of the state police serves at the governors leisure! ;)

As for Shall issue, the Governor can call upon the legislature to pass shall issue. Basically calling upon a committee to give an up or down vote on a bill.

Actually......:innocent0

All the Governor has to do is instruct the State Police to include "self defense" as a good and substantial reason for a ccw permit. "Good and Substantial" is not defined in law. so it can be defined administratively.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    All that Ehrlich had to do to give us "Shall Issue" is to order the MSP to accept any request that has a "good and substantial reason" as "To protect myself and my family from the lawless thugs that are runing wild in the State of Maryland".

That's all it would take. No legislative action needed by anyone anywhere through any committee. As Governor, he has that authority. And, as Governor, he has the authority to instantly replace the MSP Superintendant if that person would not support his position on that. He knew this when he was Governor before and he did nothing for us at all during his term.

I would only vote for him if my other choice is another term of Chairman O'Malley.

Teemus FTW. I guess I need to wake up earlier. :o

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Quick question, forgive me if it has been answered before:

Has Ehrlich stated what he would do on the matter of the 2A? Has he stated what he would do for "shall issue"?

Splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom