• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I knocked off one of the rifles on my short list today. Leaves a SVT 40 and a Rasheed still. Nice looking Hakim was just delivered. Barrell looks good... some honest wear, but not bad overall (its better then it looks... needs a cleaning/wipe down). Hope the gas op system looks as good as the bore.... guess I'll tear it down tonight. I know there are certain hot loadings to stay away from.... in the surplus world. Is Privi and S&B OK to start with from a commercial standpoint (yeah, I'm lazy and don't want to worry about corresive ammo every time I shoot).

Attachments

• 100_0292.jpg
      100_0292.jpg
      109 KB · Views: 451
    • 100_0293.jpg
      100_0293.jpg
      113.6 KB · Views: 445
    • 100_0294.jpg
      100_0294.jpg
      117.4 KB · Views: 446

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Awesome, few rifles as cool as the hakim and you have to look at some much larger caliber weapons to compare the boom to.

Also watch that thumb! Id call it hakim thumb, but thats a bad comparison because at least with garand thumb the thumb is still there!

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Awesome, few rifles as cool as the hakim and you have to look at some much larger caliber weapons to compare the boom to.

Also watch that thumb! Id call it hakim thumb, but thats a bad comparison because at least with garand thumb the thumb is still there!

Sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk 2

Thats a nice Hakim, honest wear and condition, unlike a lot of the sanded ones which pervade the market. I have been thinking of dumping mine just because the "Egyptian Thumb" is a pain........literally.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Thanks for the confirmation on the ammo Ken.

I have been looking for awhile for one. Wanted one with honest wear and that included the brass unit disc on the stock. Looking around it seems like there are a lot out there with replacement, refinished or disc removed stocks. This discs to me are like rack numbers.... it lends to the history of an old warhorse.

Can't wait to get it out for a spin.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    My b rother wants one since he has mausers. Anything other than the thumb thing to watch out for on these?

they can be finicky, and parts are few and far between, if you get one you should immediately buy a proper steel gas adjustment tool this seller has been selling these new made ones for years on gunbroker, he's one of the only sources out there for hakim parts and tools.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=343786896

its good idea to pick an ammo, and then adjust your gas system to that ammo, and try to stick with it, but its not as ammo picky as say, a garand, it can take varying loads, but you should definitely get the gas system dialed in on something first.

there are other issues sometimes as well, but a well adjusted as system seems to get most running well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom